Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings folks,
Just putting this out there incase there's a quick fix. I went to adjust the automatic windshield of my 2016 Chieftain DK and no movement. No winding or buzzing. Nope. Nothing. Wondering if it's a quick fix, fuse, disconnection.. Or is the motor out?

Think is I hardly ever used that option.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings folks,
Just putting this out there incase there's a quick fix. I went to adjust the automatic windshield of my 2016 Chieftain DK and no movement. No winding or buzzing. Nope. Nothing. Wondering if it's a quick fix, fuse, disconnection.. Or is the motor out?

Think is I hardly ever used that option.

Thanks,
Mine stopped working when I was riding yesterday. Bought a 2019 leftover chieftain and had since May 30, 2020. Have almost 8000 miles already. So far the shifter rod went bad and needed replaced, fairing storage lid broke, clutch switch went bad and needed replaced and now the windshield motor went bad. I’m regretting buying and Indian at this point and probably should have stuck with Harley. I love my chieftain but all these issues in a few months already. It’s sad.

·
Rider
1,231 Posts
You should still be under warrantee correct?
I sympathize with you as paying so much coin and have all those items break

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine stopped working when I was riding yesterday. Bought a 2019 leftover chieftain and had since May 30, 2020. Have almost 8000 miles already. So far the shifter rod went bad and needed replaced, fairing storage lid broke, clutch switch went bad and needed replaced and now the windshield motor went bad. I’m regretting buying and Indian at this point and probably should have stuck with Harley. I love my chieftain but all these issues in a few months already. It’s sad.
Sucks. Is me or is there a pattern with problems on newer models. A lot electronic issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should still be under warrantee correct?
I sympathize with you as paying so much coin and have all those items break
Yes it’s under warranty. It just sucks having to go there and they verify what’s wrong and then won’t have the part so they’ll order it and I have to make two trips and waste my time. Indian dealers are hard to find. Not like Harley dealers that are everywhere. Indian is usually one in each state near me and that’s it. I was thinking about paying and getting the gps activated but they have to take the fairing off and want to charge you an hour labor to install the gps parts since the software is already on the ride command. Almost $600 for ghat with the install. I love the bike but am sort of sick of it already. I can only imagine what will happen once the two year warranty runs out.

·
Rider
1,231 Posts
When the 2 year warrantee is up you pay out for additional 4 years.
I wasnt going to to do extended but after hearing and thinking of those costs for those items to fix for me its insurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts