Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2018 chieftain. On a recent ride my windshield stopped working. On closer inspection during a stop i noticed the jack screw will still move, although the window mechanism wont engage. If i hit the window button while either pushing or pulling the windshield, it will move. Anyone have experienced this or know of a fix. My warranty expired less than a month ago. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Call your dealership and see if they will contact Indian to see if they will replace it free being so close to the expiration of your warranty. It's worth a shot.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I don't have a Chieftain so have no first hand experience but remember there were posts about the windshields having this problem some time ago, perhaps 2 or 3 years. The problem as I remember it was that a washer or spacer works loose and the mechanism doesn't engage properly. People would fix it by locking certain screws up with loctite.

If my memory is correct then this is a cheaper fix than replacing the motor unit. I'd recommend some time searching the forum for earlier posts on it. Taking the bike to a dealer might result in somebody who replaces the unit without thought of a simpler fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts