Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m noticing the right windshield hinge is really wobbly and I can actually move the windshield. I’m not worried that the windshield will come off because of the way it’s mounted but it’s kinda annoying that the hinge is loose.

Is there a way to tighten it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Is it the top or the bottom mount point that is loose?

The bottom point has the rubber sleeve over the frame and it might be worn or broken. I noticed on mine that when I took it off and stood it on the floor to ride without it, the rubber piece folded over and broke. I had to glue it up again to get it to sit correctly.

If it's the top mount, you can probably wrap some tape around the mounting pin so the locking lever is tighter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it the top or the bottom mount point that is loose?

The bottom point has the rubber sleeve over the frame and it might be worn or broken. I noticed on mine that when I took it off and stood it on the floor to ride without it, the rubber piece folded over and broke. I had to glue it up again to get it to sit correctly.

If it's the top mount, you can probably wrap some tape around the mounting pin so the locking lever is tighter.
The top part specifically that locking hinge thingy.

I’ll probably do what you said and wrap the plastic collar with some tape to make it more snug.

·
Bronze member
1,640 Posts
The top part specifically that locking hinge thingy.

I’ll probably do what you said and wrap the plastic collar with some tape to make it more snug.

What year is it? I sell a kit that fixes the rattles and loose points.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts