Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a first time rider, I got the 16" windshield to go on the 2019 Springfield Dark Horse. I'm 6'4" and the wind comes over the top and hits my face/helmet and rattles my head around pretty good. It's much smoother ride without a windshield. Is it possible that a shorter windshield would be better for me? They don't make a taller one that is tinted/black, and clear/chrome wouldn't match at all.

Thoughts?

·
Rider
1,303 Posts
Just a suggestion, look at Freedom Shields website. It will tell you what’s available for your bike. Then call and talk to John at Freedom and he will help you decide what’s best for you. Super quality Shields and great service.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a suggestion, look at Freedom Shields website. It will tell you what’s available for your bike. Then call and talk to John at Freedom and he will help you decide what’s best for you. Super quality Shields and great service.

Just got back from the dealer and the service tech told me the same thing.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,048 Posts
Yeah you need a flared or flipped edge at the top of the windshield which will deflect that air up higher over your head. 7Jurock is another maker of that type of windshield but Freedom comes highly recommended on this forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there anywhere I can get the hardware other than buying a new windshield from Indian then a larger replacement shield aftermarket to go on it? I guess I'm asking is there anyone who will sell me the windshield and hardware to fit my bike?

·
Rider
1,303 Posts
Is there anywhere I can get the hardware other than buying a new windshield from Indian then a larger replacement shield aftermarket to go on it? I guess I'm asking is there anyone who will sell me the windshield and hardware to fit my bike?
It’s gonna be real difficult to find someone selling hardware. You can use the hardware from your current shield, and put it on a new shield. That’s what I did when I bought my Freedom shield.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 6 01. The stock shield on my bike was just a little short for my comfort when riding. I bought the freedom shield 16" and it makes a huge difference. Perfect for my height.. They do make an 18" which is probably what you would need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts