Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The windshield that came with the bike is to tall, im 6'0 and not looking over windshield, what size windshield comes with the bike? I want a short windshield and i see there is a company called cee bailys that sells them cheap. My question is do they snap in like the original one does or do you have to modify it? i might give them a call, I cant see spending 600.00 from Indian for a stinking plastic windshield.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bit the bullett and got the shorter shield from Indian.... I'm 5'11" and it's the perfect height for me. Now if I just had enough money to buy gas.... Not sure if Cee Baileys will adapt to the Vintage but it's worth checking out. Good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bit the bullett and got the shorter shield from Indian.... I'm 5'11" and it's the perfect height for me. Now if I just had enough money to buy gas.... Not sure if Cee Baileys will adapt to the Vintage but it's worth checking out. Good luck
Thanks! I will give them a call and see what they say!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Call me tight, but for that kind of $$$$$, I would remove the stock windshield, lay it on a padded flat surface, mark with painters' tape, and cut off with a scroll or jig saw. Finest blade you can find. That is what they have done to GoldWing windshields for years. A medium sanding block--600-800 grit or so, and it will round out, and be fine. Try it; it's not that bigga' deal, and you have nothing to lose. Just be sure that you get on bike, and calculate the proper amount you want to take off. You can't put it back on!! Work it out-you'll be glad you did!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Check with your dealer, my dealer Ateam will cut and finish the wind shield for $75 that is about an hour job and at shop rates not bad.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I've needed to modify a couple if windshields,,,, so got a mate who's a dentist to do it. He's very skilful with hand tools!

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I concur. If you're not confident enough to cut down the windshield yourself. I'd take it to a local glass shop that also does plexiglas and polycarbonate. They could do it for you I'm sure, and you could save some bucks in the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cee Bailey sell the windshield, without the hardware. You will need to remove the hardware from the original shield and transfer to the Cee Bailey windshield. The holes are pre-drilled. Cee Bailey are good to deal with and offer great service, especially to US citizens. If you order a windshield and it is still too tall, they will resize it for you, free of charge. Best to err on the side of being too tall, rather than short.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks NormandRR, I'm 5' 10 too, well maybe 5'91/2 I measured mine and put a mark with a grease pencil at 14in. still seemed as though I'd be looking through it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just fitted the 14" Cee Baileys and, at 6' tall, it is perfect for me. Very well made, no buffeting, none of the original's flexing and vibration and looks nicely proportioned on the bike. Available through sportouring.com in Wales for us U.K. riders.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I've got the Low Tinted (15") for around town and a 21" Clear from 7jurock that I swap out for long trips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The windshield that came with the bike is to tall, im 6'0 and not looking over windshield, what size windshield comes with the bike? I want a short windshield and i see there is a company called cee bailys that sells them cheap. My question is do they snap in like the original one does or do you have to modify it? i might give them a call, I cant see spending 600.00 from Indian for a stinking plastic windshield.
Check out freedom shieldshield I got mine from them reasonable price

1 - 20 of 27 Posts