Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hope this isn't to redundant..lol what is this community's choice on windshield. ?
I have challenger. 11inch. Looking at 12, or 13 inch ,no more then that, flared polycarbonate.
Thanks..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh boy, you have asked a huge question when you look at the variables of bike, your size, your preference etc. I'll give you a thought based on sense and logic more than preference. I too have a Challenger. I"m 5" 11". So, I took got the 11" (8.5" from the cutout to the top tip). I too thought it was too short. So I bought the Indian 16" (14.5" from cutout to top tip). The 16" works fine but then you have to look through the windshield which I prefer not to do. So I changed them again and the 11" factory didn't have too much buffeting so I've kept it. I actually run it down about 1" so i can see well over it. You will have to buy an aftermarket windshield to get your 12" or 13". Then, if you were my size, you would have to put it down so the tip is not in your sight line and you will have gained nothing. If you are shorter, you will have to look through a windshield. If 2-3 inches taller, you will be fine. But using sense and logic, you have little to gain and some good money to lose if you are wrong. One suggestion for you is this. Tape another 2-3" of sturdy cardboard on top of what you have and test it out. It might tell you enough for you to make a decision. Only you can tell if you want to look over or through a windshield. I've done both and for many years. My preference is over but through is very doable for me. Hope this helps you.

·
Rider
1,342 Posts
I know that the, by far, favorite here seems to be the Freedom, and I'm not dissing it because I've never owned one. But another option is LongRideShields. I've got the Battle Axe, which has little wings to make it wider, and have had no problems with it at all.

BD

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I hope this isn't to redundant..lol what is this community's choice on windshield. ?
I have challenger. 11inch. Looking at 12, or 13 inch ,no more then that, flared polycarbonate.
Thanks..
I have a Challenger Dark Horse. I chose to go with Long Ride Shields because I liked they way they looked. The first one I got had come quality issues (chip on the edge, and the edges didn't look like they were "finished"). I called them and was sent a new one ASAP. Very good response. Before the second shield showed up, they had a re-design, because the shield would hit the faring when it was all the way down and at speed. They gave me a full refund & sent me a new re-designed shield for free. In my opinion a stand up move. The new shield came, the first issue was that the holes didn't line up very well. It fit with some bowing but the fit wasn't as good as I had expected. That and I personally didn't like the design they came up with. So I ordered one from Klock Works, and currently have it on my bike. The first thing I noticed about the Klock Works shield was it's much thicker material, this fit was spot on and it looks great.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the OEM short tinted windshield on my Chief Dark Horse, I have some buffeting so I might switch to the freedom flipped windshield at some point down the road.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Freedom Shield all the way. Just got mine about a week ago and it is superb. John is a great guy and will not steer you wrong.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks..
Hands down a Freedom Shield has been my best investment. What a quality windshield!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Freedom Shield. Put one on my 2016 Vintage and later on my 2019 RM. Very pleased.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts