Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 chieftain and would like to find a windscreen that has the turn out at the top. Who sales them and I would like to keep my original height or close to it.

Thanks

·
Silver member
5,047 Posts
First to come to mind is Klock Werks.
I've been looking at them but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Rider
561 Posts
I have a Freedom Shields on my 2015 Chieftain. Wouldn’t trade it for the world. It was shipped very well protected and had protective film on it. As long as you don’t remove the film, you can return it. So install it, go for a test ride, and decide if you like it. If you do, simply remove the film. If not, remove the windshield and send it back. 👍

·
Rider
975 Posts
I have 2 or 3 windshields that I would like to get out of my garage that fit your bike. One freedom shield and one long ride shield and maybe another but I can't remember. I'll sell you both for 100 shipped to conus.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Rider
561 Posts
I have a 15 chieftain and would like to find a windscreen that has the turn out at the top. Who sales them and I would like to keep my original height or close to it.

Thanks
The height is important. Measure from the middle hole to the top of the windshield. Freedom Shields offer 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18 inch windshields. If in doubt, go with the taller size. I am 6’4” tall and have a 16 inch windshield. I have the windshield all the way up most of the time and my line of vision is just over the top. The flip at the top and being wider at the top comes in really handy when riding in rain. Trust me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like freedom, tried it, kept it.
I am 6' and ride with 12" screen, down an inch or so at highway speeds. Perfect.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Thanks
I have run Klock Works on both my previous (2017 Springfield) and now the tinted version on my 2018 Chieftain. Just really enjoy them and no wind buffeting.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I have a Freedom on my RM and had one on my Vintage as well. Great product and excellent service. Others might be just as good or better, but I am only familiar with Freedom.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought the Indian flared 13.7” and I still get buffeting so thinking of trying something else. I am 5’11” 34”inseam.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have the 14 inch flaired Freedom windshield on my 2018 chieftain Limited and really love it. In fact it works so well I leave it in the fully down position 95% of the time. I tried both the 14 inch Klockwerks and the 14 inch Freedom windshields. If you need to look through the windshield when it is all the way up the Klockwerks windshield has way too much visual distortion and the Freedom has very little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm running a Freedom Shield, 18" on my '14 Chieftain. Works great for me after a seat swap. I have an 13.7/14" Klockwerks/Indian with a light tint for sale. (soon as I clean the bugs off it..)

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I bought the Indian flared 13.7” and I still get buffeting so thinking of trying something else. I am 5’11” 34”inseam.
[/QUOyoubsre
Make sure buffeting is coming from over the top. Try putting holding your arm across your your chest to block air coming from the bottom. I ended up putting a set of deflectors to stop air from coming up from the bottom of the fairing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Make sure buffeting is coming from over the top. Try putting holding your arm across your your chest to block air coming from the bottom. I ended up putting a set of deflectors to stop air from coming up from the bottom of the fairing.
I tried Klock works, hated it. This is a sturdy shield . Check it out, I am 5’9” I got the 14 inch. It’s a little low. That’s me, but the price and quality. You can call them, I did for questions. INDIAN CHIEFTAIN / ROADMASTER Windshields – Freedom Shields

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried Klock works, hated it. This is a sturdy shield . Check it out, I am 5’9” I got the 14 inch. It’s a little low. That’s me, but the price and quality. You can call them, I did for questions. INDIAN CHIEFTAIN / ROADMASTER Windshields – Freedom Shields
I just went to the web site and got a 16” med tint shield, been wanting one that was higher. I think that with this one I will bee able to look over it, when it is down, And not look at the top when it is up.
They have a month back log for shipping.,
If you want a klocks 14”. I would sell it for 100.00.
I will ship it to you but that would be over and above the 100.
if not then Freedom is an excellent selection

·
Rider
975 Posts
If you have a passenger frequently, they will get alot more air with the freedom than the long ride shield or the klockwerks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just went to the web site and got a 16” med tint shield, been wanting one that was higher. I think that with this one I will bee able to look over it, when it is down, And not look at the top when it is up.
They have a month back log for shipping.,
If you want a klocks 14”. I would sell it for 100.00.
I will ship it to you but that would be over and above the 100.
if not then Freedom is an excellent selection
Hi There,
Do you still have the Klock Works? is it tinted? I currently have one but a friend is seeking. Where are you located we're in the Black Hills of SD.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi There,
Do you still have the Klock Works? is it tinted? I currently have one but a friend is seeking. Where are you located we're in the Black Hills of SD.
If you have a passenger frequently, they will get alot more air with the freedom than the long ride shield or the klockwerks.

Yes I do have it, it is a 12 inch and has a light tint. Is like brand new.
If you give me 110.00, and you pay the shipping, not sure what that is ,
Should not be more than 10/12 dollars, I will sell it to you and get it shipped.
I might have a 14 “ light tint freedom shield, same price and shipping as Klocks Works.
If you bought both I can sell each for 100, might be cheaper on shipping.
Send me email and we can discuss details.
[email protected]
Vincent

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes I do have it, it is a 12 inch and has a light tint. Is like brand new.
If you give me 110.00, and you pay the shipping, not sure what that is ,
Should not be more than 10/12 dollars, I will sell it to you and get it shipped.
I might have a 14 “ light tint freedom shield, same price and shipping as Klocks Works.
If you bought both I can sell each for 100, might be cheaper on shipping.
Send me email and we can discuss details.
[email protected]
Vincent
I am in California

1 - 20 of 21 Posts