Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Your going to enjoy it! What size did you get? I bought the 11" clear, for me its about as close to perfect as you can get! John makes an excellent product, and is a super accommodating guy!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size did you order?
I got the 11 inch. Clear, I rode with darker in past, but I ride at night and in rain, found out clear is way to go.
But I'm 5'7..and with 11 inch I see about 1inch over top in low position. I use it higher with weather if needed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I recent added a full face helmet to my stable and with the stock shield up I notice a difference when I’m at ”highway” speed compared to my half helmet. @Rydahog ,so clear is the way to go if you ride at night? Sounds like 11 clear is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I initially went with an 11 inch but switched to a 9 inch. I felt like I needed maybe a little shorter, didn't like the feel of the higher windshield. I'm 6'2 and I think 10 inch probably would be perfect.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,081 Posts
I've got the 9" medium and if I had to do it over again, I would get the light grey. It looks really good in the sunlight but a ride during the rain when I didn't have a chance to change on the lenses in my glasses ended up being a little too dark for my liking. It does look great on the bike however.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got the 9" medium and if I had to do it over again, I would get the light grey. It looks really good in the sunlight but a ride during the rain when I didn't have a chance to change on the lenses in my glasses ended up being a little too dark for my liking. It does look great on the bike however.
Yea I went dark. I don't do much night riding or inclement weather. Prefer the look.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I finally got some pics of the Freedom Shields 9” light gray, with laser-etch. Very happy with it. Ideal for night riding (when ya want it higher for more bug protection) yet enough tint that it’s noticeable and the edges appear dark after being polished smooth by Freedom.

Etching templates will be available soon on the Freedom website says the owner.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I also ordered the 9 inch Freedom Shield today. It is 1 inch taller than the stock shield. The stock shield works pretty well and I like to use it lowered when hot in the city to get a little wind in my face and up all the way on the highway to block the wind. I did not think the moving shield would be a big deal but I really like this feature and use it all the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This post & all comments refer to Freedom Shields.

Thank you
Just spoke with Joe planning a drive to visit his shop this coming Tuesday. He says he has a lot more etching choices that he doesn’t have up on his site yet
I am excited to see his shop and place my order.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts