Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,897 Posts
Found the parts on cheapmotorcycle parts if I recall 75 bucks a side and they mounted on the side of the glove boxs , we haven't done it yet but I think that is his plan
I took a look the other night. At full lock, the turn signals come back to just even with the back part of the top of the lowers near the engine. So any mounting solution would have to make sure the deflectors are to the rear of the lowers by at least 1/2". Need to eyeball the mounting bracket in the parts fiche to see how it is positioned on the old style lowers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took a look the other night. At full lock, the turn signals come back to just even with the back part of the top of the lowers near the engine. So any mounting solution would have to make sure the deflectors are to the rear of the lowers by at least 1/2". Need to eyeball the mounting bracket in the parts fiche to see how it is positioned on the old style lowers.
you were talking about the blinkers hitting the deflectors we are talking about 2 diffrent bikes my roadmaster the blinkers or up in the fairing so there is no problem for the lower wind deflectors hitting the blinkers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I hope you can get it done,,, I really want to know how it turns out if you do..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree, I was eyeballing mine last night. It is a challenging location, because it gets very tight at full turn. Need something fixed to the forks somehow, I think. Maybe JES can come up with a solution.
Here is a cure. I used a roto zip and made these from an old windshield. The work great and look good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
12​
2635293​
ASM., WIND DEFL., LH
$92.99​
12​
2635294​
ASM., WIND DEFL., RH
$87.99​
Not sure if these are the parts. Parts diagram does not have the picture.
I took mine off an older RM and had them sitting around and decided to put them on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
12​
2635293​
ASM., WIND DEFL., LH
$92.99​
12​
2635294​
ASM., WIND DEFL., RH
$87.99​
Not sure if these are the parts. Parts diagram does not have the picture.
I took mine off an older RM and had them sitting around and decided to put them on.
So where did you get them from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If anyone still questioning whether they fit on a 20 RM. Just installed them on mine. They have to be in the up position to open the vents.
I think you are on to something here.

So in the summer the shield would have to be in the up position, to open the lower vent doors? Is that correct? If so, then they are interfering with the lower vent door handles or the vent door itself?

Can you see any way to modify the upper vents to make clearance for the lower doors / handles? or vice versa?

I assume when they are up, they do not interfere with the fairing when turned full right or left?

Just looking to see if it is worth buying them, to try to modify something to make it work. I do like the looks and think they make a huge difference in rain and cold conditions.

Looking forward to hear what you think? And any additional pics of the interference if possible?

Thank you very much posting the information too!!

I know there will be a lot of riders interested in the same thing.

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
I looked at their site. Do they make a deflector for the Indian RM that would work?
I believe so, I know he did for the Chieftain which I was going to purchase (2019) but I had ended up buying a Challenger. Super nice guy out of New York., if you like I can PM you his email & contact him directly.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts