Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come there is no clear wind deflector on the 2019 Roadmaster that you can raise and lower,,, I do miss it and I want it back

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I think it is too do with the new design of the new lowers that do not allow you to have the clear plastic defectors. I know I read the reason they did not or could not have them on the 2019 bike. Just can not remember where I read it or when.

·
Bronze member
1,839 Posts
Agree, I was eyeballing mine last night. It is a challenging location, because it gets very tight at full turn. Need something fixed to the forks somehow, I think. Maybe JES can come up with a solution.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Agree, I was eyeballing mine last night. It is a challenging location, because it gets very tight at full turn. Need something fixed to the forks somehow, I think. Maybe JTD can come up with a solution.
Ted I think you knocked it right on the head . I know the steering and turning was mentioned in the article .

·
Founding member
911 Posts
My 2019 is noticeably cooler than my previous 2015 and 2017 RM's. I much refer the new lowers for looks and for function.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a 17 rm a friend just bought a 19 he was saying the same thing about no deflectors, so we were looking and it apears the the cutout looks about the same so we were thinking about getting the clear deflectors and mounts that fit the 17 and 18 and mount them the same way.

·
Bronze member
1,839 Posts
Seems to me that the clear deflectors would just be redundant. Are you talking about the fangs that mount along the forks?

·
Rider
471 Posts
Seems to me that the clear deflectors would just be redundant. Are you talking about the fangs that mount along the forks?
I think they are talking about the clear wind/rain guards that pivot up from the top of the lowers towards the bottom of the fairing on the older Roadmaster

·
Bronze member
1,839 Posts
That would be interesting, but can one even get that piece separately without paying $300 for the inner assembly? And how could it be mounted? No flat surface. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I for one miss those clear deflectors and the new style lowers allows more air and water to your legs. Could ride in the rain and get very little rain on my legs and footwear NEVER got wet on my ‘17 RM. The ‘19, I get soaked knee to toes. Will try fitting a set of deflectors on new lowers.

Reactions: Twister and Geoff-3

·
Registered
34 Posts
That would be interesting, but can one even get that piece separately without paying $300 for the inner assembly? And how could it be mounted? No flat surface. :rolleyes:
Found the parts on cheapmotorcycle parts if I recall 75 bucks a side and they mounted on the side of the glove boxs , we haven't done it yet but I think that is his plan

·
Bronze member
1,839 Posts
Looks like total parts cost for both sides is about $246. I'm going to eyeball mine tonight, paying special attention to full lock right and left. It's the turn signals that have to be clear of interference. This is shaping up to be a nice winter project.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts