Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased almost new RM from '18 with 1K mileage. I owned recently Victory XCT from new, did a lot of work on it, did like it a lot, but one woman decided to take away my beauty turning a car in front of me from the side road. So, I purchased Indian RM, hoping the best. I like the engine, it is a little small, but I plan to get Küryakyn trunk relocating kit and I will solve that.
I don't like buffeting. And it is coming between "batwing" and lowers. In Victory XCT it was zero. Two small spoilers in both sides were amazing. I have been searching information about that in Internet, but nobody even talk about that. For me it is annoying. I could ride Victory XCT in -2 Celsius with summer gloves and wearing only windproof fleece, with that RM it is impossible. Really disappointed. Any ideas?

·
Rider
1,048 Posts
Did you test ride the bike?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I'm guessing that when you say lowers you mean the boxes built over the highway bars. The RM riders I know don't mention buffeting, but it might relate to the extra calm ride you describe on the Victory.

There are other lowers that will help. They fit to the fork legs and many of us (non RM) have calmed down the buffeting on our bikes. A popular brand is JESCustoms. Check out this thread.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 18 rm. If I have the vents open in the lowers there is alot of wind bouncing around. If you close the vents in the lowers and the small clear plastic ones on the top of the hard lowers the wind is hardly nothing. There are 2 vents to open or close on a 18. 19 and up have a redesign lower.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I compare too much with my Victory XCT. I must just sell Indian. Now took a ride to work. 30km in rain. Never had to wear rainwear and even if a jacket only my jeans were dry even after 60km in rain. Now I am wet as never before 😔😔😔

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are you sure the clear plastic deflectors at the top of the lower fairing are in the up position? I have a 2018 RM i'm 6'2" and with the lower vents closed and the upper deflectors in the up position there is no buffeting and it's dry in the rain. Sounds like it's the same set up as your Victory the RM also has the deflectors between the fairing and the lowers, check the position of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they are up. I thought to try to extend them sideways. In Victory XCT were two small spoilers under the batwind and they were amazing

·
Rider
1,048 Posts
Ok. I compare too much with my Victory XCT. I must just sell Indian. Now took a ride to work. 30km in rain. Never had to wear rainwear and even if a jacket only my jeans were dry even after 60km in rain. Now I am wet as never before
I call bullshit. The only motorized vehicle that will keep you from getting wet in the rain is a cage. Get out of here troll.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Racer57 and SJ12DS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I won't say these words to answer, but in Northern Europe using mc half of the year every day as only vehicle for 30 yrs, I do have some kind of experience of the riding in the rain. And Victory with the lowers was good, rain didn't came from the ground neither from between batwing and lowers.

·
Bronze member
3,364 Posts
My vic kept me dry as long as I kept it around 80,except my shins on down.
Fat boy,the rain kind of got changed under the tank right into my crotch.
My vintage I get soaked no mater what I put on it,yet I still like it more than the others,go figure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts