Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else waiting for this color motorcycle?

I ordered my Vintage on aug 13th. The first date they gave my dealer was aug 26th. Now 3 ship dates have passed and it has still not shipped out of Spirit Lake. They have shipped several other colors to my dealer that they were not expecting yet.

Does anyone have the info on what serial numbers and letters stand for?
Serial # in question is 56KCCVAA4F3319718.
The info I'm looking for is color code and the 2015 number off the production line.

Thanks for any help I can get here.:confused: P1180805.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
VIN Designation
Example: 56KTCAAA0E3000024

First 3 digits = World Mfg. ID
4th digit = Chassis
5th = Type
6th = Disp
7th = HP
8th = Series
9th = Check Digit
10th = MY*
11th = Mfg
12 thru 17 = Individual Serial No.

*Model Year: E=2014 F=2015 G=2016 H=2017

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is anyone else waiting for this color motorcycle?

I ordered my Vintage on aug 13th. The first date they gave my dealer was aug 26th. Now 3 ship dates have passed and it has still not shipped out of Spirit Lake. They have shipped several other colors to my dealer that they were not expecting yet.

Does anyone have the info on what serial numbers and letters stand for?
Serial # in question is 56KCCVAA4F3319718.
The info I'm looking for is color code and the 2015 number off the production line.

Thanks for any help I can get here.:confused: View attachment 1970
I saw one yesterday! A guy had one he purchased here in Phoenix, AZ and came up to a different dealership that doesn't have them yet to show it off. (???)

I don't know how all that works, but it is out, and I have seen it.

HEH! I also get to help with a ride event here in AZ as well, and get to ride the new ones all day Friday and Saturday. . . It's like a dream come true. :D :D :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw one yesterday! A guy had one he purchased here in Phoenix, AZ and came up to a different dealership that doesn't have them yet to show it off. (???)

I don't know how all that works, but it is out, and I have seen it.

HEH! I also get to help with a ride event here in AZ as well, and get to ride the new ones all day Friday and Saturday. . . It's like a dream come true. :D :D :D

I rode my first Vintage Aug the 4th. I went back the 13th and rode all the bikes on the demo trailer what a blast. That will be a great day riding Indians all day.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hey Roadstar, if you go to Polaris Off Road Vehicles: Four Wheelers, RANGER RZR Side by Side ATVs and UTVs and put your VIN# in the box it will tell you most of what you're looking for. For the VIN you provided it came back with: IND-15,1811,VINT,49ST,IRD/CRM - Model # N15CCVAAAE - Engine Serial # 0120504300799 - Production Year 2015 - Extended Warranty - No

It doesn't give paint codes or production # off line, but ... :shrug: You could try the parts department at your dealer for the paint codes. I know they have access to those codes, but whether they're willing to give them out to customers ... ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Saw the Willow Green and Cream Vintage at the Tucson Indian last weekend. Don't know if its still available or not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Roadstar, if you go to Polaris Off Road Vehicles: Four Wheelers, RANGER RZR Side by Side ATVs and UTVs and put your VIN# in the box it will tell you most of what you're looking for. For the VIN you provided it came back with: IND-15,1811,VINT,49ST,IRD/CRM - Model # N15CCVAAAE - Engine Serial # 0120504300799 - Production Year 2015 - Extended Warranty - No

It doesn't give paint codes or production # off line, but ... :shrug: You could try the parts department at your dealer for the paint codes. I know they have access to those codes, but whether they're willing to give them out to customers ... ?
Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
Newbie here, I really like the look of the Vintage in this color but after reading about the discoloration problem it make me nervous. Now I wonder if I should be considering a Chieftan instead.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks for all your help here Slim. It is more help than you know. IRD/CRM is the paint code for Indian Red and Cream. My Dealer gave me this Vin# as my bike but was wrong so I was Just checking to understand what was going on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Newbie here, I really like the look of the Vintage in this color but after reading about the discoloration problem it make me nervous. Now I wonder if I should be considering a Chieftan instead.
It is the 2014 leather that is fading. 2015 leather is darker and suppost to not fade like the lighter dye. Indian is giving free leather restore kits to owners with faded leather.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts