Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Peace Pipe from Dirty Bird.

Will installing them void my factory warranty?

I already had the Stage 1 flash done, I ordered the Stage 2 kit 6 weeks ago as soon as it comes in I was going to have that flash done as well.

Any Ideas????

·
Registered
425 Posts
The best way is to ask your dealer. . . They should be able to answer that question better than anyone. They seem to be "lenient" at my dealership with things like oil changes, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, but they didn't know. They didn't even know there were options for upgrading as well they didn't know they should use locktyte on the highway bars or other areas and I lost a few things off the bike (or maybe they just forgot). They also didn't know their was a Stage 2 kit available or that that you can purchase Flash cards for the stage 1 slip ons.....as you can tell they really don't know a whole a lot about the Indian, they are primarily a Polaris dealer.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,107 Posts
Short answer is no, adding aftermarket parts does not in and of itself void your warranty. In fact the Federal Trade Commission passed the Magnuson Moss warranty act to prevent manufactures from doing just that. Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance; Understanding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

That said, damaged caused by aftermarket parts is not covered. For example, if you add an aftermarket exhaust system and now the engine runs lean due to the improved airflow. The lean condition increases the exhaust temperature and burns the valves. The valve damage was caused by the installation of the aftermarket exhaust and would therefore not be covered by the original warranty.

Bottom line is the Magnuson Moss warranty act gives you a legal avenue for redress if the manufacture denies a warranty repair. Even though the act puts the burden of proof on the manufacture to prove the aftermarket part caused the damage, it is still a legal process that you would have to follow if your warranty claim was denied.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
See if your Indian dealer will order them and install them. I think you would find them very lenient if you purchase them and they put them on.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,868 Posts
I recently purchased the Peace Pipe from Dirty Bird.

Will installing them void my factory warranty?

I already had the Stage 1 flash done, I ordered the Stage 2 kit 6 weeks ago as soon as it comes in I was going to have that flash done as well.

Any Ideas????
No they won't. There is no 'stage2' kit. I assume you are talking about a big sucker A/C.

These questions come up all the time.. whether the subject is HD, Victory , or Indian. No, it doesn't void the warranty.

p.s. I have DB on my DH . Have FP on my '14 Vintage. . Have FP on my '09 Vintage.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Mission City Indian of Boerne Texas has a new Chieftain and they installed the Dirty Bird Pipes, sounds bad-ass.

--------> --------> -------->

Live Free and Die Well

·
Rider
836 Posts
That's why I was asking what a stage 2 was. Never heard of one. Installed 100ish of stage 1s with intakes and exhaust. Just thought I was missing something!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Dirty bird pipes are tooo loud for this old guy. Like the sound of the stage one and quiet some what when cruising. More than enough power from factory. I think the more power you squeeze from an engine just shortens the life of it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Out of all the pipes that are on the market for Indian chieftain, the so called peace pipe is the last one on the list.They do nothing for looks or sound quality on the Chieftain . Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Dirty bird pipes are tooo loud for this old guy. Like the sound of the stage one and quiet some what when cruising. More than enough power from factory. I think the more power you squeeze from an engine just shortens the life of it.
There are those who put money in their pocket and they wish to spend it before it burns a hole in their pocket. Saves on having to buy new jeans.

·
Rider
836 Posts
I love my DB pipe. And with the correct tune and maintenance the longevity of this motor will be awesome. Only have had to tear into one so far. And it was just a inspection.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Had loud pipes when I was young , now just enjoy the sweet music from the engine ,stage one ,my music ,riding buddy, and the long stretch of the highway. No city riding here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts