Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aspire to inspire before you expire
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to find no where to lock up my helmet on this bike. I guess I haven't been around for a while, but my old Yamahas had one. Anyway, the Kuryakyn handlebar ends look pretty good. Does anyone know offhand whether they would fit with the stock grips? I really don't want to change grips yet, but the lock looks good. Is there anything special about the sizing of the Kuryakyns?

Kewlock® Grip End Helmet Lock | Can-Am | Küryakyn

Thanks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
J33, like you I'm always surprised how many newer bikes no longer have helmet locks. The Kewlock looks pretty cool but a couple Indian guys on another thread mentioned this option, HELMETLOK, just a couple days ago. Not as pretty but much more versatile. I was so impressed I ordered one last night after I read the thread. I should be able to put it in my pocket and use it on my various bikes. I order the cable with it and with that one can lock up a couple helmets AND a jacket etc. Just something to think about. Good luck and happy riding!
Rocky Creek Designs

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may do that if I can't find a "built in" that I like. I have looked at the Kuryakyn that bolts to the frame, but I wanted something a little more elegant, or at least less obtrusive.

Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
J33, like you I'm always surprised how many newer bikes no longer have helmet locks. The Kewlock looks pretty cool but a couple Indian guys on another thread mentioned this option, HELMETLOK, just a couple days ago. Not as pretty but much more versatile. I was so impressed I ordered one last night after I read the thread. I should be able to put it in my pocket and use it on my various bikes. I order the cable with it and with that one can lock up a couple helmets AND a jacket etc. Just something to think about. Good luck and happy riding!
Rocky Creek Designs
The HELMETLOK is a great solution I have been using for it years and I can use it anywhere specially with the cable

·
Registered
425 Posts
It is designed to fit Kuryakyn grips, so I am not sure how it attaches - if it will fit the bar end if there aren't Kuryakyn grips. I have seen videos on the Police Victory Motorcycle models, and they have a bar end lock, which I have heard police report works well (especially considering all the comm stuff they have in their helmets)

I wish I could be of more help to say if it fits without the
Kuryakyn grips. I hear their customer support is great, so you could call and ask. I presume the key point is if it will fit your handlebars.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't like the look of those. I may try putting those up on the handle bar where they may blend in. I will investigate the grips this week and if they look accommodating, order a set of the end locks to see if I can get them to work.

·
Registered
425 Posts
j33pman, I did a live chat with Kuryakyn today and they said that you have to have the hand grips first.

Personally, I think this bike is gorgeous as is, and wouldn't change a thing, but hand grips may be one that I would, just for more cushioning, but it hasn't been a problem.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have had most of the helmet locks mentioned here and I have to agree, I like the HelmetLok the best. I can use it on the handle bars, seat back rest, luggage rack and belt loop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts