Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think, other than Xmas day, do you think there will be a bunch of us getting our bikes. I don't even know how to read the delivery process, I ordered on or about the 2 of Sep. And I know there are both people who have ordered before and after me that have bikes already and some before me tha don't. I'm not complaining, just trying to understand the logistics of it all. My dealer said he would call me at the end of this last week but didnt. I'm assuming he did not get any good news otherwise he would have called. Merry Xmas to all and those who do have your bikes I hope your having the time of your life. Be safe

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
What do you think, other than Xmas day, do you think there will be a bunch of us getting our bikes. I don't even know how to read the delivery process, I ordered on or about the 2 of Sep. And I know there are both people who have ordered before and after me that have bikes already and some before me tha don't. I'm not complaining, just trying to understand the logistics of it all. My dealer said he would call me at the end of this last week but didnt. I'm assuming he did not get any good news otherwise he would have called. Merry Xmas to all and those who do have your bikes I hope your having the time of your life. Be safe
I ordered 19 August. At this point I am hyped out. Weather is turning bad,
I have family here and we are celebrating Kids, GrandKids, Christmas and a Wedding:)
As much as I want the Scout, at the moment, the lustre is gone. I don't anticipate it until January, oops :rolleyes: I have travel plans.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered 19 August. At this point I am hyped out. Weather is turning bad,
I have family here and we are celebrating Kids, GrandKids, Christmas and a Wedding:)
As much as I want the Scout, at the moment, the lustre is gone. I don't anticipate it until January, oops :rolleyes: I have travel plans.
Yea, I'm getting there myself

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ebbs and Flows for me...

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am with you Jack. I think the next two weeks will be busy with new bikes coming in - always the optimist. Enjoy seeing the incoming bikes and their new owner faces as they are posted. Our day will come. Happy Holidays to all Scout Brothers and Sisters - especially those in the Northeast Tribe.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am with you Jack. I think the next two weeks will be busy with new bikes coming in - always the optimist. Enjoy seeing the incoming bikes and their new owner faces as they are posted. Our day will come. Happy Holidays to all Scout Brothers and Sisters - especially those in the Northeast Tribe.[/QUOTE. Dang it Lute you went and raised my spirits.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Deposit on my bike back in early October at Las Vegas Indian. Just received a phone message from Phoenix, AZ Indian who stated that Scouts are on the floor and now available, what the F is up with that?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Deposit on my bike back in early October at Las Vegas Indian. Just received a phone message from Phoenix, AZ Indian who stated that Scouts are on the floor and now available, what the F is up with that?
If thats true someone really messed up 1st run cut off was supposed to be in September.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Wonder how many preorders they had and if they have filled those preorders and these are extra, seems they should have gone to other dealers that haven't filled their preorders yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I received a text form my salesman last week saying that my Silver Smoke Scout was on a truck. Wow, was I excited! Then they said they made a mistake an that it wasn't on the truck (they read their info incorrectly). That was the worst. If I didn't hear that I would have been fine. It is like having a present and a true "Indian Giver" came back and took it away...Now I wait again, sounds like until January :(

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I received a text form my salesman last week saying that my Silver Smoke Scout was on a truck. Wow, was I excited! Then they said they made a mistake an that it wasn't on the truck (they read their info incorrectly). That was the worst. If I didn't hear that I would have been fine. It is like having a present and a true "Indian Giver" came back and took it away...Now I wait again, sounds like until January :(
That really sucks, what a major disappointment. Sorry Jimbo

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a feeling that the new Scout will set some kind of record. I bought a Chief last year and now you guys are getting the spittle falling out of the corner of my mouth. I may have to get one too!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah Jimbo, bummer, however…I was emailed and called last Wednesday with a VIN & to pay up and get insurance by Saturday as the bike was expected. Did so, lightning quick..and then received an email that my "Loan" was approved, then a retraction. Fast forward, I got no call most of the day Sat, I called at 2, and they said "oh no truck today" I lined up a trailer, extra set of hands…and governmental diplomacy (kids/wife) Only to be told probably next week. Depressed.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wonder how many preorders they had and if they have filled those preorders and these are extra, seems they should have gone to other dealers that haven't filled their preorders yet.
Never experienced anything like this in my 87 short years, just wonder if I'll live long enough to see my little red Scout, let alone still be able to get a leg up over it.

I know they won't let me keep it next to the bed in my room at the home. On the bright side I could already have my little red Scout and just not remember it.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Yeah Jimbo, bummer, however…I was emailed and called last Wednesday with a VIN & to pay up and get insurance by Saturday as the bike was expected. Did so, and then received an email that my "Loan" was approved, then a retraction. Fast forward, I got no call most of the day Sat, I called at 2, and they said "oh no truck today" I lined up a trailer, extra set of hands…and governmental diplomacy (kids/wife) Only to be told probably next week. Depressed.
Wow, nothing like playing with your emotions. Sorry

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah Jimbo, bummer, however…I was emailed and called last Wednesday with a VIN & to pay up and get insurance by Saturday as the bike was expected. Did so, lightning quick..and then received an email that my "Loan" was approved, then a retraction. Fast forward, I got no call most of the day Sat, I called at 2, and they said "oh no truck today" I lined up a trailer, extra set of hands…and governmental diplomacy (kids/wife) Only to be told probably next week. Depressed.
That is horrible! At least my dealer will not give me a VIN until the bike has arrived and it is correct. They said when the Chiefs were released they were getting bad info from Polaris. So they don't make that mistake again, they will not give out VINs until double checked at the Dealer. I surely hope you get your Scout in time for Christmas! Thanks for the shared misery :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts