Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that can help, please let me know. I am trying to find out if the Roadmaster passenger floorboard mounts and floorboards are compatible with the Chief and Chieftain. Specifically, the mounts and floorboards came off of a 2015 Indian Roadmaster, and I am looking to mount them on a 2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse.

Please let me know if I have just made an error in judgment...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,895 Posts
Anyone that can help, please let me know. I am trying to find out if the Roadmaster passenger floorboard mounts and floorboards are compatible with the Chief and Chieftain. Specifically, the mounts and floorboards came off of a 2015 Indian Roadmaster, and I am looking to mount them on a 2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse.

Please let me know if I have just made an error in judgment...
YES... Exact the same mounting process

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent! Thanks for that answer, and that is exactly what I wanted to hear (and figured that they would have to be, since it wouldn't make sense to have an incompatibility).

The reason I ask, is because I bought a set on Ebay, that were taken off of a 2015 Roadmaster this morning. They were only $195 for the complete set in nearly new condition (mounts and floorboards), so I pulled the trigger and didn't even think about it until it was already purchased!

Soon afterwards, I went on the Indian website and checked the accessories to see if the DH compatible mounts online were compatible with the Roadmaster (since the Indian website doesn't show passenger floorboards for the Roadmaster, only the passenger pegs). At any rate, I got nervous when the website showed an incompatibility with Chief/Chieftain mounts and the Roadmaster.

This isn't the first time I have found an error on the website though. The tank pouch that is compatible with all the 111's, shows as incompatible with the Chief DH, and yet it is actually compatible (added a pic).

Thanks again, Rickkcir for that information!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts