Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2017 Scout and I've come across a deal to buy the Indian OEM 2 into 1 exhaust system from a friend. Indian's website says it will only fit Scouts from 2019-2020. I was not aware of any changes that would make this be the case. Also, if I were to buy an aftermarket system, like the Bassani 2 into 1 for example, I assume it would fit all Scouts from 2015-2020.

I've called multiple dealers and talked to both the parts and service departments. They've all said they're not sure. Indian's customer service center simply repeated the info on the webpage back to me.

Any insight into this issue?

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
Unless Polaris/Indian had changed the exhaust ports (not likely) or possibly a change to the rear portion of the frame behind the motor (also not likely) I would bet good money that it fits on without issue. However it may have it's own brackets that secure the muffler.
I would also bet that like their Stage One slip-ons that there is a Cat Con within the single muffler. A Cat Con may be restrictive and cause your bike to run at a higher temp than a freer flowing system.
But if you can get that system at a good price, it may be just the thing that makes you happy.
And if it does not,........it can always be sold!

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The Indian parts data base is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to what parts fit what models. When I had a 2016 Scout 60 the system told me that almost no parts for the original Scout would fit my bike, even things like the solo saddle and mini-apes that were already fitted. Those gaps are improving over time but I always have to check when it comes to putting stuff on my current bike.

My main method to check things is to chase up the part numbers on PartShark.com. If the part numbers are the same between different years then I take that over the advice from the spare parts data base.

If you chase up the numbers for the standard exhaust system for your bike and your friend's bike, and those numbers are the same, then the system should fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts