Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I did a search through the forum but couldn't find info on experiences with upgrading Scout footpegs.

I find my big hooves, I mean, feet sometimes slip off those darned little pegs, both of the shift side and the brake peg. Annoying!

JP Cycles have about 6,923 ones that might work, some seem to need an adaptor of some sort, others might not... I'm a bit lost.

I'm just after some simple black pegs maybe 3.5" wide so my feet aren't slipping off - particularly on the brake side.

Have any of you Scout folk out there done this upgrade and can share your thoughts? There are some nice Kurakyn ones I like on the JP Cycles site. I'd just want to make sure they are a bit wider as that site doesn't always put the dimensions of the pegs against each item.

thanks a bunch!
Barno

·
Rider
756 Posts
Hi folks, I did a search through the forum but couldn't find info on experiences with upgrading Scout footpegs.

I find my big hooves, I mean, feet sometimes slip off those darned little pegs, both of the shift side and the brake peg. Annoying!

JP Cycles have about 6,923 ones that might work, some seem to need an adaptor of some sort, others might not... I'm a bit lost.

I'm just after some simple black pegs maybe 3.5" wide so my feet aren't slipping off - particularly on the brake side.

Have any of you Scout folk out there done this upgrade and can share your thoughts? There are some nice Kurakyn ones I like on the JP Cycles site. I'd just want to make sure they are a bit wider as that site doesn't always put the dimensions of the pegs against each item.

thanks a bunch!
Barno
Hey Guzz,, most scout owners get the OEM floor boards,, they slip right on perfect,,feel great too,, good angle for the big feet thing,,. BUT,,, if ya want some other more MX type, REVZILA HAS LOTS OF THEM FOR INDIAN SCOUT.

·
Registered
491 Posts

thanks a bunch!
Barno
Aeromach make some that I use. longer and larger diameter. pretty hard to miss them with ya hooves, haha

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,277 Posts
That's what I did on my Vic Cross Country. My foot was always slipping off that little peg. The pedal was a heck of a lot better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aeromach make some that I use. longer and larger diameter. pretty hard to miss them with ya hooves, haha
Do you remember the model number of these Aeromach ones? These might be the first port of call I reckon. cheers

·
Founding member
1,092 Posts
I put the Aeromach floor boards and heel shifter on the wifes Scout.Also their larger brake peg.

All quality parts. A little more money but I think it might solve your problem.

·
Bronze member
1,813 Posts

·
Rider
446 Posts
Hey Guzz,, most scout owners get the OEM floor boards,, they slip right on perfect,,feel great too,, good angle for the big feet thing,,. BUT,,, if ya want some other more MX type, REVZILA HAS LOTS OF THEM FOR INDIAN SCOUT.
Any idea what these floorboards do to the available lean angle? I like the look and perceived comfort afforded by floorboards, but I already scrape the stock pegs with regularity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts