Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thunder Works now offers a complete kit that puts a wide 240mm tire and fender on the back of your Scout. It can also be used on the Bobber except that you would have to get the fender cut down as desired. There are no major modifications. Simply replace the stock Scout parts with the new parts and your Scout is fat and sassy. There are several free options to discuss before ordering. Warning: This is not a cheap mod.
LINK: http://www.indianaftermarket.com/scout-240-tire-kit.html
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Silver member
6,128 Posts
I like it but not for $2,500
Me being in Canada; after doing the exchange rate that's like 4 million dollars... Ok maybe not that bad but still around $3,300 plus shipping, customs, brokerage fees, my first born, plus taxes.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I like it but not for $2,500
Me being in Canada; after doing the exchange rate that's like 4 million dollars... Ok maybe not that bad but still around $3,300 plus shipping, customs, brokerage fees, my first born, plus taxes.
Shipping / customs alone would be scary enough. I run a 175/55/17 European sports car tire on my sidecar rig which is unavailable up here. I gotta order out of the States, 2 at a time. Although shipping is $100, I'm way ahead as I get about 4 times the wear over a bike tire.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What exactly is included in the kit? I’m trying to run fenderless, that also means no subframe. Will purchasing just the wheels and tires cover it?

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. The kit includes spacers for the shocks, pulley, axle, and few misc spacers. It also includes an upper belt guard as well as the tire and wheel. The wheel matches your front wheel but I need to know if yours is solid black or has some silver in it. Without the fender the price is $2195.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
519 Posts
More pictures would be nice. Assuming the pipes are not modified and kept in line per factory specs I would assume the tire/wheel is offset on the opposite side and not centered on the frame?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok. The kit includes spacers for the shocks, pulley, axle, and few misc spacers. It also includes an upper belt guard as well as the tire and wheel. The wheel matches your front wheel but I need to know if yours is solid black or has some silver in it. Without the fender the price is $2195.00 plus shipping.
Do you offer crosslaced spoke wheels front and rear for this kit?

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The rear tire as fat as it is is still centered on the frame. It needs to be for proper handling. You don't have to modify your pipes. I will post another photo later today.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can choose from a variety of wheel designs with this kit. Normally, the wheel would match your front stock wheel but if you want to change out both you can. No true spoke designs but here is a photo of the "illusion" wheel. There is no extra charge for this in black or chrome for the rear fat wheel with the kit. You would want to buy a matching front wheel also $1259.00.
Spoke Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.