Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dyno charts, which I greatly appreciate, all seem to start around 2K RPM's or higher. This seem to be pretty standard. The Indian shifting recommendations are about 1,800 to 2,200 RPM's per gear. Idle is about 800 RPM. Why don't the charts show torque at the lower RPM's? I would think it's of interest.
BTW, I'm also a happy owner of a PV3 purchased from FuelMoto and using a CraigB tune. Thoughts and prayers with CraigB.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The dyno charts, which I greatly appreciate, all seem to start around 2K RPM's or higher. This seem to be pretty standard. The Indian shifting recommendations are about 1,800 to 2,200 RPM's per gear. Idle is about 800 RPM. Why don't the charts show torque at the lower RPM's? I would think it's of interest.
BTW, I'm also a happy owner of a PV3 purchased from FuelMoto and using a CraigB tune. Thoughts and prayers with CraigB.
Thanks.
They recommend shifting at 1800-2200? That’s crazy low rpm!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owners manual recommends shift points in Miles Per Hour for the stock TS111, but in general they seem to work out to be the Revolutions Per Minute on my bike that I mentioned for the lower gears.

·
Bronze member
2,292 Posts
For a dyno run the operators run the bike in a higher gear (4 or higher) with some load on the drum to simulate road conditions.
They twist that throttle quite abruptly. You don't want to lug your engine by doing that at much lower revs than 1800, but rather want a smooth and free spooling up to red line ideally!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CraigB recently had surgery and is going through two months of daily treatments. Craig has helped many of us with PV3 tunes.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Dang!! Didn't know that! Did he post about it?
I've been working with him on my tune as well. I just loaded and tested v5 today. It's really starting to come together.
Best of luck with the recovery, Craig! At least you made it to the end of summer before getting laid up for a bit.

·
526 Posts
Thanks.
A short answer it is not practical or easy on the bike/drivetrain to make dyno runs lower than about 2000 RPM's, for example this is the equivalent of running 30MPH in 6th gear and rolling the throttle wide open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts