Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

441 - 460 of 475 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
I did not see anyone reply with a saguaro if I missed it I apologize.
Well, yes... only a restaurant window version. Painted on.
So congratulations for getting this real one!
I was beginning to think they were extinct now. It’s been 25 years since I’ve been to Arizona and that region.

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
I was curious about how old that bowling alley is since that was part of the hunt. Attempted to search it up and it seems to date back to at least early 1990s. Guessing it could easily be as old as from 1970s.
Found these very entertaining reviewer comments.

·
Rider
327 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
Thanks for that! I’ll check some things that way too sometimes, didn’t think about it this time.
We have at least one bowling alley in the area from the 70s, I’m sure they’re few and far between that old.

·
Bronze member
2,086 Posts
Yeah, I know, it's taken me a while to decide.,,, but I don't wanna play..

·
Rider
327 Posts
We have at least one bowling alley in the area from the 70s, I’m sure they’re few and far between that old.
I would agree. The bowling alley in the picture does not have to be one from the '70s. The statement was if it's from the '70s then he would like to hear the story.

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
The statement was if it's from the '70s then he would like to hear the story.
Oh yeah, forgot that. Well the place sure has a story anyway if going by those online comments!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Bowling Alley I believe was next.
Thanks - no story necessary, was just hoping for one especially if it was an older place I hadn't seen.
VW Beetle Pre 1980 the old style for the next item it is!

I bowled tournaments at Mesa East while I was living in Phoenix and Mesa East was still a Brunswick house. I left Phoenix in 2007 and that center has probably been "consumed" since by Bowlero or similar. If you like hearing stories about older centers and history, the book Bowling For the Mob is worth the time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great to see. Before I got my Scout I went looking for all the covered bridges and railroad cabooses (I might have suggested those) within 100 to 150 miles of home.
I had wanted to go see a few covered bridges fairly nearby ever since I saw their locations marked on an old road atlas back in the late 1980's.
I never got to all of them, so many. And both of these objects can be elusive, changing, ephemeral or just plain gone over time; which I found to my dismay more than once.
I also never listed the original sources so they lack crediting other peoples work since it was originally for my own purposes. Although I probably have old browser bookmarks somewhere. Similar can easily be found with online search for "sightings" of cabooses or bridges, no doubt, I just never found a map like I put together.
Sounds like something I would do :). My wife and I enjoy older and unique architecture and have wrapped many a ride around going to see an old building or some such. We detoured about 250 miles on vacation last year to visit Washington, North Carolina to see an old foundry (which wasn't worth it, but the ocean front was). I'm especially fond of old trestle bridges - my wife indulges me.

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
Sorry for the reflecting glass!
This fire station happens to be on a road named Indian Hills.

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
Please give me a while to think over the next target.

Okay... hmmm.

Well I was going to say a tree with new leaves for spring time but I’m forgetting our neighbors in the southern hemisphere.
So how about either that or a tree losing its leaves with fall-time colors?

·
Registered
292 Posts
A couple pictures from today. Forecast is rain for the next 10 days so I had to call in today and put on a couple miles. Took the dog out for about an hour then came home and took the Indian out for 3 more.

20200310_152653.jpg

·
Registered
292 Posts
How about a town sign showing a population under 3000. Bonus points if it is under 1000. If nobody can get it we will up the size.

·
Bronze member
1,379 Posts
Central Arkansas looks like wide open spaces around here. Same latitude and not too far west. :D

Should be a fun hunt. I seldom see those population signs, or I'm not noticing them. Something for me to think about while riding.

441 - 460 of 475 Posts