Votes: 23 8.4%
  • younger

Votes: 24 8.7%
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Springfield
1 Posts
I'm 62. I am trading in my 2003 Honda VTX 1800S (which I bought new) for a new 2022 Indian Springfield. I will ride my VTX in to the dealership in the morning at 9am. I'll miss the old VTX, but I can't wait to ride the Indian!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm surprised at the low number of riders under 50. I suspect the really younger riders haven't gotten out of the crotch rocket stage yet and a large percentage of others are working hard to pay off mortgages, send kids to college and keep in groceries and gasoline and simply don't have the time and money for an expensive bike.
75 here and just had to hang up my spurs as lungs gave out. I’d still be riding my Chieftain. I retired from motorcycle business and I can tell you that the baby boomers made the cruiser bike world. HD and Indian have lost much of their riders as they age in the 70’s. Both manufacture’s are struggling to find buyers for their heavyweight models.

Reactions: KYJoe

·
Bronze member
2,266 Posts
74 here. Closing in on 90k miles on my latest ride. Laid up right now recovering from left knee replacement. Yea it sux. Can't ride as much as I would like because of my wife's medical issues.

Reactions: RedChieftain

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just turn 67 I have been riding since I was 15 I have a number of bikes now that I still ride when I get the chance etc 1974 Yamaha xs 650 , a couple Harley Davidsons = 1985 Low Rider , 1992 Heritage soft Tail, 1926 350 cc single Cyl Harley Davidson Pup and a 1968 Harley Davidson 3 wheel Servicar and now My 2015 Roadmaster which I do a lot of long trips on, all the other bikes now I only use for Pub to Pub rides which once upon a time they were the ones I used for long trips,( but not now once I got my Indian). I have traveled around USA on my Low Rider in 2003 for the 100 year anniversary and around Australia on my Yamaha 1977 . I have ridden in Rain, Hail and Snow plus of coarse Sun Shine so riding for me is a must until I can't ride no more which I often think about now when will that be, not for a long time I hope because there are still places I want to go and ride to , So for all us old farts let's keep on riding until the end.
Happy Ridding Lance

101 - 106 of 106 Posts