• 50s

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • younger

Votes: 24 8.9%
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
67, ex Royal Australian Navy amongst other occupations. I ride every week, do two or four longer rides a year and still camp when I'm able to. I have ridden around our great country, 17100kms in eight weeks and would love to do it again, maybe ad an extra week or two next time.

·
Early joiner
21 Posts
I'm 73. I still have 2 motorcycles which I ride them weather permitting. For short rides. Running errands. Any excuse I have. My Indian is a 2014 Vintage Chief. I purchased this bike in Jan 2014. Have visited dealers only for recalls. I do all maintenance myself. I sold a 2013 H-D SG last summer. I have a 2005 Springer Classic which along with my Indian, I will never sell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am 78 in late May 2022.
I ride anytime, but mostly in fine weather.
I only do about 4 or 5 thousand ks per year, but still can do a thousand ks in a day.
However, that would be extreme for me now.
I find 5 or so hours suits me best.
I still prefer the winding mountain roads, and love to leave the tin tops in my dust when they can't manage tight corners.
I met Burt Monroe ( The Fastest Indian) a couple of times in my youth, and found him inspiring.
Ride on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll be 74 on Monday and still riding. Had both knees replaced 5 years ago and part of my recovery was to buy a 2017 Scout as an incentive to heal quicker. I also have a 2013 Suzuki Boulevard which I now need to sell as I've had another midlife crisis. I should be receiving my new Super Chief Unlimited in a couple of weeks.
Ride To Live.

·
Registered
2015 Indian Chief Vintage
2 Posts
76, wife is 75, own two bikes, and we put on between 6,000 to 10,000 miles a year. Just got back from a trip to Georgia where we road some of the best roads in the country. Before that, we did Daytona for bike week. I will confess that my rides are typically limited to about 350 miles per day and I haul a bike in my pickup for rides a long way from home, or when it’s too cold here (Chicago area).

For all of us bragging, me included, keep in mind, that it’s more being blessed with good genes than anything else. I’m lucky and I know it.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just an interesting side note. Yesterday was voting for NASCAR Hall of Fame and long time racer Hershel McGriff was one of the selected.
He found out when he got a text after getting off his motorcycle after a 350 mile day with Kyle Petty’s annual Victory Junction Camp ride.
He said in his interview shortly thereafter he’s 94!

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Dark Horse
368 Posts
All you all "old farts" are motivating the $&#@ out of me!!! (and those quotes area said with the most love and adoration possible)

I have been riding for 48 years (started when I was 5yo) and can't imagine not having a bike or being able to ride. So it is fantastic to know that there are many out there who seem to have the same mentality and want to ride as long as possible. I look forward to another 30+ years of riding so I can try and keep up with you all.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't mean a daily rider ! I am a 81 year old disabled Vietnam Vet and I ride mt Scout whenever the weather is nice and I have somewhere interesting to go. So tell the truth, no BS.
:cool:😰
I have a friend who won a National Aerobatic Championship at 76, and, at 87, still rides his 2014 Vintage regularly and rides a smaller bike almost daily, weather permitting. I want to be like him when I grow up.

I turn 71 this month and ride at least once a week and do two or three one to two week trips a year. When the time comes, I'll either get a trike or do the Trio thing.

·
Founding member
1,099 Posts
I said it before, but I'll say it again because I feel it more every time I check this thread, this thread is SO INSPIRING! I'm only a little over 72.5 and have a friend who at 88 rides every day(!) but sometimes those pesky aches try to get me thinking on the darkside. I love motorcycles and have since my youth. Let's keep riding folks. It keeps us young. :)
PS: I also love having our friends from New Zealand, Australia and Europe feeling just as we do here in America.

As Clint Eastwood said to Toby Keith after a round of golf when Toby asked Clint, then at 91, how he stayed so active and energetic, Clint answered: "I wake up every morning and DON'T LET THE OLD MAN IN!" Toby thought about that comment and philosophy and later called Clint and asked if Clint minded if Toby used that philosophy/comment in a song. Clint said no problem and here it is:
From the Original Motion Picture, THE MULE – Toby Keith "Don’t Let The Old Man In" - Bing video

61 - 80 of 104 Posts