• 50s

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • younger

Votes: 24 8.9%
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm 74 and do a lot of "rides to nowhere in particular" within about 50 or so miles of home. My most enjoyable local rides are my after dinner rides in good weather when, in 15 minutes, I can be in one of the adjoining semi-rural counties. And as of now, I am scheduled for a regular meet up with a group in Eureka Springs, AR for the first weekend in June and I also have reservations to meet with a group in Canyon, TX in mid September. And sometime this summer I want to ride to NC, probably Maggie Valley and other places in that general area for a few days.

·
Rider
1,156 Posts
69yrs and Lord willing this will be my 15th consecutive coast to coast summer. I shoot for 15k miles per. Only 12k the last 2 seasons so have some making up to do. Wyoming only allows for 5-6 months. Heck it snowed 9 days ago lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
Indian Chieftain Ltd 2018
317 Posts
I'm younger than ???what??? so I chose that, always true. As all other options do not match.
Hmm, somebody got the stats course real good. ;-)
Now I get why the pre-election screenings get so messed up - LOL.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I’ve always thought of age as just a number rather than psychological. IMO, constantly focusing on a chronological age and//or equating it to an emotional or mental state is a risk. Said another way, think you’re old and you will act and be old. Fortunately, being healthy and in good shape I am able to live up to this personal perspective. So, at 78, I do multi-day trips on my Scout and day rides on my Triumph. Living mostly overseas, my U.S. riding is restricted to the summer months, and unless I’m already out, I’m a fair weather rider (then again, maybe I’ve always been one 😂).

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
1,226 Posts
67 until July, I ride every chance I get. What about that old boy from Australia was posted on here 80 plus getting ready to circumnavigate Oz. That would be equlivant to riding around the lower 48 US stats, he's my hero. I'm riding up to Newfoundland this summer as well as a North Carolina trip.

·
Registered
2017 Chieftain Limited, 2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse
291 Posts
Turning 71 this year. Since I retired in 2016, I no longer ride every day. I take my 2022 Chief Bobber DH for short, errand rides, and reserve my 2017 Chieftain Limited for those days like today…300 miles of smiles. Enjoying both Indians for different reasons. I have no hesitation in planning either a short ride or a lengthy road trip, like the one I’ve scheduled this Fall to the East coast and back.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts