Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering after reading the bit on the ride review, power seems to be plenty according to the tester and although not the greatest fan of retro, the chieftain with all the tech on it, makes it appealing. Now if they add a tour pack to it............

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
10678 said:
Just wondering after reading the bit on the ride review, power seems to be plenty according to the tester and although not the greatest fan of retro, the chieftain with all the tech on it, makes it appealing. Now if they add a tour pack to it............
As much as I love my Kingpin I will have to let her go when I buy my Chief.
Now I just need to decide on the Classic or the Vintage.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well being the owner of a 2008 Kingpin and made the deal Sat. to buy a new 2013 CCT my answer is no, although I do like the Indian alot it's not quite what I want in a touring bike yet, got to think about your other half and if they are like mine they love to be on bike with you through all kinds of weather good and bad enter CCT. I still have my KP which I will strip down somewhat for those days I will ride alone and to me that is as good as having an Indian
Regards

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1169 said:
As much as I love my Kingpin I will have to let her go when I buy my Chief.
Now I just need to decide on the Classic or the Vintage.
Got to like the Vintage for a guy like you Mike, you and OT can ride more together then
Regards

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think so. This one ain't paid for yet.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10678 said:
Now if they add a tour pack to it............
If it idles smooth and add a trunk, I would seriously consider. The $5,000 diference between the cross country and the chieftian will keep a lot of people with the cross country

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2342 said:
Got to like the Vintage for a guy like you Mike, you and OT can ride more together then
Regards
I wish I had as much time to ride as the mayor but alas I have another 20 years of work before I can retire

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the 'Chietain' perfect mix of retro/modern tech. I already have my Indian for my collection decided on.. lol

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/rTzCLj-AwfU?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>
Have the jacket to match it already

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonder how much a Bomber costs? Gotta love the olive drab.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not until they get a dealer network & the bugs worked out of em, Love the Dark Horse though !

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would love to own an Indian but that would mean coming out of retirement. Somehow that doesn't seem like it would add to my fun.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The chieftain and CCT seem to be about the same price point but no trunk or lowers but electric windshield. If the motor is strong that could be a major deciding factor as well. That's a fair bit of torque.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No Vindian for me. No big suprise as I wasn't interested in the Kindian (Kawi Drifter) or even,,, an Indian,,,,

So is it REALLY another 'choice'? Eh, kind of, but still a niche bike for a niche market. If your not into wash-tub sized fenders and glowin ****** on your fender, theres nothing here to see, and certainly nothing VICTORY couldn't have done on it own. (But, hasn't it been proven already that Indian look-a-likes don't really sell that well??? Ask Kawi,,, they know).

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3500 miles on my 2013 vic xct, oil seeping, rubbing abs sensor now today error 31 whatever the hell that is (dealer visit tomorrow) having serious doubts on ANYTHiNG polaris builds.

Yes I love my vic but when will the problems stop?? 30,000 miles on the last kwaka and not one issue

why cant polaris list fault codes

rant over

buy indian NEVER

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Chief for me. I've always loved Indians but for me this is 'retro' gone a little too far. I would like to have a bike that looked like that, but I'm the type that would buy an old restored Indian, not a brand new antique. One of the things that drew me to Victory was I thought this is what Indian would have become had they survived. Sleek flowing lines, modern powerful engines. I absolutely love the way my scalloped tank fishtails around the tip of my seat which flows seemlessly into the side covers and how the curvature of my fenders blends so well with curves in the tank. I still like my bike better. But, if I was in the market for a bagger type bike the XC/XCT hands down over one of these. My stock portfolio hopes they sell a ton of these. And my interest in Victory hopes to see some of the features like bluetooth connectivity, keeyless operation, and throttle by wire tech crossover. I will be looking for those as well as ABS standard on my next bike.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the looks and the technology of the new Chieftan but I love the more modern styling of the XC. That said, I'm hoping that the technology in the Chieftan drifts down to the Vision / XC in the future.

Personally, I think this will certainly sway some of the Harley crowd. It's got the retro look, the motor, and the sound to attract a lot of buyers who might find the styling of the Victorys to be too modern for them. Plus, it's an Indian and the heritage comes with the name.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless there is something significantly wrong with the ride, or handling, or the ergonomics of the Chieftan that I don't like, then there will be one in my garage within the next 18-24 months.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1522 said:
Unless there is something significantly wrong with the ride, or handling, or the ergonomics of the Chieftan that I don't like, then there will be one in my garage within the next 18-24 months.
Make that 2... Its no secret that after this Vic I am probably done with them for a while unless they come out with something earth shattering next release. I was planning just to keep the XR and go with a KTM for my next bike (I really want that 1290 Super Duke when it comes out) but I can see the Chieftan in my garage. But as you said, it all comes down to ergos and ride in the end....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Switch no I will not switch if it means giving up my Vision.

Now adding an Indian to my stable that just may happen.

But It will mean test riding the 2013 Triumph Storm and seing how my busted up body reacts compaired to the Indians

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After a year in the saddle of a Vision, I wouldn't ride anything else. I'm not trading comfort for a nastolgic looking machine.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts