Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DBB37729-88EC-4916-B62E-7933F4858693.png I ordered one of these, but its on back order till August. I was wondering who has one and why do they think of it...I know its designed for the Chief, but I’m putting it on my 2019 chieftain dark horse. They both use the same motor so it should work.

·
Bronze member
1,746 Posts
Should be a good replacement for the standard air box. This is very similar in design to what Harley puts on their FXDR. Back when I had my Vaquero I designed my Own (and I am gonna admit right here it was UGLY) fresh air plenum chamber intake that werked STUPENDOUS.

Attachments

Reactions: irvin.boston

·
Registered
43 Posts
We just got one in at the dealer and installed it on a Chief for a customer. Full aluminum housing around the TB, and comes with a rain sock as well. doesn't stick out as much as i thought it would judging by pictures. With the forward or mid controls I didn't hit my knee on it at all but that's on the new Chief.

·
Bronze member
3,469 Posts
when I checked on Indians web site it said it wouldn't fit on my 18 Limited... I really like the looks of it..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t see how it won’t fit...the motor and throttle bodies are the exact same. If you read the description of the forward stage 1 air breather it says it was designed for the chief, but that doesn’t mean it won’t work on any 111 or 116 motored indian bike. The motors are all the same.

·
Bronze member
4,300 Posts
I can’t see how it won’t fit...the motor and throttle bodies are the exact same. If you read the description of the forward stage 1 air breather it says it was designed for the chief, but that doesn’t mean it won’t work on any 111 or 116 motored indian bike. The motors are all the same.

True but the calibration card is different because these engines are de-tuned so you would want to use an aftermarket PV3 tune if you put it on the heavyweights.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
416 Posts
I have the forward facing intake, Stage1 slip on exhaust and slash cut tips on order for my new Chief Bobber Dark Horse. The parts order was placed with my dealer on March 27. So far the only thing that has arrived is the exhaust tips....

·
Bronze member
3,469 Posts
well I can tell you I'm not going to be the guinea pig on this... when someone confirms it works then I'll do it..

Reactions: MilwDave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My chieftain already has stage 2 cams with a fuel moto tune...so I’m not using any tune the intake come with. I want it because it looks badass. Yeah it’s gonna be a $500 gambl, but I’m almost 100 percent sure it’s gonna pay off. If not you’ll see it for sale here for $350

·
Rider
1,112 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts