Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thinking of buying a pair of Rinehart 500-0500 slip-ons for my Roadmaster. I'm not looking to do Stage One, not looking to remove cat and not looking for more power. I just want a nicer rumble than stock. Who has them, was it worth the $650 US in your opinion? My dealer said if I put them on he'll flash my ecm if I want. 2017 Roadmaster.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I put tab zombie slip ons, I wasn't planning on doing a flash but the people at TAB told me if you don't they might end up turning blue down the road. I ended up getting a PV3 and now my bike runs better, thinking about adding a voodoo air cleaner now to have a full stage 1 done.

·
Registered
369 Posts
ps. I definitely think the extra expense is worth it, I hated the stock sound, my old yamaha Vstar sounded better and louder than the stock setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have them on my 2014 chieftain they sound great. I put a k&n stock filter in and then bought a pvcx from RVS performance here in minnesota and he wrote a program for that. it runs great sounds great nice low growl.Very good quality too no problems so far going on second year of them on the bike .

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have them on my 2016 Vintage and they sound great to me. Got them and a S&S air intake from a member of the forum and teamed it with a pvcx from FuelMoto and couldn't be happier. When I get the chance I am going for the remote tuning. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies already guys. I think it's too expensive to experiment with pipes so it's great to have some real world feedback and info

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I have the Rinehart slip ons. Much better rumble. But at the same time, got True Duals and a hi-intake air flow plus a PVCX tune. So I can't say the better sound is due only the the pipes. Plus I like the look of the end caps!

·
Senior member / gold
6,239 Posts
I have the Rineharts, and also put on the Freedom Performance True Dual head pipes. I have Indian Stage 1 round air cleaner. Love the sound and how it runs. Eventually I will add a PCVX and have @CraigB1960 create the tune for it.

·
Senior member / gold
6,239 Posts
I have a used black set for sale if anyone's interested
You should post them on the Parts For Sale section. Put some photos and your miles you put on them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have them on my '18 They have a great sound at idle and when running down the road they arent too obnoxious or loud to hear the radio. And they look good also.
I have Stage 1 and 2 with de-catted head pipe and after this weekend will have an X-pipe instead. They are worth the investment. Best advice I can give is to try and find a bike with different exhaust because they all sound different and pick the one you like the best for you, but Rineharts are a good choice in any circumstance...good luck!!

w2dExls5SQKBLUrpUZsZSQ.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have slip ons on my 2018 Chieftain and love them.I sometimes take my bike to work and thought they may have been a little too loud at 5 am,but a few people have told me they weren't any louder than my 2014 Vintage with the Indian pipes and stage 2 upgrade.I believe that baffles were an option if you wanted to change the sound on 2014-2017 slip ons but the current ones don't offer that.I was told by my dealer that Rhinehart was coming out with a full set option for Indian late Spring,early Summer,but I decided to go with the slip ons.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have the Rineharts, and also put on the Freedom Performance True Dual head pipes. I have Indian Stage 1 round air cleaner. Love the sound and how it runs. Eventually I will add a PCVX and have @CraigB1960 create the tune for it.
I’m actually getting ready to have that exact same system installed on my 2018 Vintage. How many hours of labor did it take to do your install? Did you use Indians stage 1 flash?

·
Senior member / gold
6,239 Posts
I’m actually getting ready to have that exact same system installed on my 2018 Vintage. How many hours of labor did it take to do your install? Did you use Indians stage 1 flash?
I actually had the dealer in Ft. Lauderdale do the install, so I don't know. I do know that it was flashed for the air cleaner.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts