Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

WHITEWALLS

3048 20
Mixed up a paste of "Comet" and "water",,, rub it on,, wipe it off,,, looks brand new !!!!
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Spoke Rim
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Spoke Rim
Reactions: hankharmony
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,652 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
If you ignore your white walls long enough they will become black walls

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,567 Posts
When I get my new tires they will be black, I will never have white walls again
I will, I love the look of them on this bike and won't have it any other way. I suppose I've had to get down there and scrub them off really well a dozen times in the six months and 6000 miles since I bought the thing. Once I get a center-lift for it and I can spin the wheels to clean them, I won't consider it a problem at all.

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
I will, I love the look of them on this bike and won't have it any other way. I suppose I've had to get down there and scrub them off really well a dozen times in the six months and 6000 miles since I bought the thing. Once I get a center-lift for it and I can spin the wheels to clean them, I won't consider it a problem at all.
In some of the other post on different treads has pics of this. Bluey did it to his Sprindfield Blue & I liked it

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,861 Posts
I noticed some bikes are now coming with black walls. I didn't pay attention to notice if it's all Roadmasters or just some but that's one model I've seen new for 2016 that has black. The Blue Diamond and I'm wondering what it would look like with white walls myself now since it doesn't have them. Can't lease everyone. We got any photoshoppers that can put white walls on a picture of a Blue Diamond? I'm thinking it would look good.

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,567 Posts
Once you go black, you will never go back.

View attachment 27518
Then how do you explain that my last fifty-one motorcycles all had blackwall tires...and my fifty-second has wide whitewalls?

Of course wide whitewalls on a V-max, ZX14, or Triumph T100 Bonneville would just look silly, but on a red Indian Chief Classic, they look like they belong on there more than any other motorcycle I can think of, including Road King Harleys.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Then how do you explain that my last fifty-one motorcycles all had blackwall tires...and my fifty-second has wide whitewalls?

Of course wide whitewalls on a V-max, ZX14, or Triumph T100 Bonneville would just look silly, but on a red Indian Chief Classic, they look like they belong on there more than any other motorcycle I can think of, including Road King Harleys.

I think white walls on my Vmax would look silly also. Lol
Lighthouse Vehicle Tower Car Tourism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been using "Simoniz Tire Cleaner" for years on all my white walls. Its the last thing I do when washing the bike. On a jack, spray on and then wash off. No abrasives and rinses off beautifully. They're like new afterwards.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.