Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

White Walls or No White Walls

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
German Rider
1,999 Posts
Maybe on a Chief Vintage or a Springfield or Harley Heritage Softail - but IMO, it looks silly in other bikes.

Just my 2 cents........

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
2020 Scout 60 ABS
31 Posts
I was thinking of getting some on my 60 when the time comes for new tires. I like the vintage look to them. Have no experience with white walls however so know nothing of the cleaning needed.

·
Rider
1,595 Posts
Try them yourself, tires are never around for long before they need swapping out again. Certainly don't need a poll for what should be your choice.

·
Rider
1,595 Posts
^^But that is no regular Scout and would still look cool whatever color tires you nailed on it.

Reactions: Rolex23

·
Early joiner
239 Posts
...you only have to clean them once to make a decision for yourself

·
Registered
904 Posts
“Without aesthetic, design is either the humdrum repetition of familiar clichés or a wild scramble for novelty."
-Paul Rand

The quote continues, but addresses more the graphic design application of the quote.

As a noun, aesthetic refers to a set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.

Simply put: make sure there is a rhyme or reason for what you're doing.

White walls will look fine if that is the look and style of the bike you're going for. Putting white walls on a Dark Horse, for example, would probably look a little goofy because that's not the theme of the bike. Is this being used as an accent color? Or, does this compliment a vintage theme? If you're just slapping white walls on it because you always liked white walls, you may not be achieving an aesthetic that will look good rolling down the road.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
802 Posts
What kind of oil do you recommend?
😜

·
Rider
1,595 Posts
@Rolex23 as awesome as the rest of the bike is, those whitewalls do give that extra pop. Thanks for posting pics of both ways.
Matter of taste, I personally prefer the 'meaner black look' as it makes the bike look more purposeful. But then again the bars are different too. The taller bars suit the whitewalls but the drag bars are better.

·
Registered
2022 Super Chief Limited
29 Posts
I’ve had white walls on a bike…too hard to keep clean.
I had White Walls on my Suzuki C50T. Used a Mr. Clean magic eraser and it worked like a champ!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No matter what you choose- its the love of the game~ many people dont want any extra effort awsome but if you love it than its not work!! Im buying some Metzelers 888 www for my 21 roadmaster all the rails and extra crhome oh ya have fun!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey All,

Just bought a 2021 Scout 60. I can't decide if white walls are the way to go. Any thoughts?
For me it depends on the paint scheme. I like the look with a two tone paint job where the lighter color is white or cream. White walls really make that look pop. Otherwise I prefer the stock black look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like them. But, it really depends on the bike. They can be a pita to clean.
Pro tip it’s easy Peezy lemon squeezy’s with the Mr. clean Magic eraser. I let mine get dirty and it’s little to no elbow grease with the MCME. The only thing the don’t help with is if your white walls start to yellow.
If they yellow I’ve used some grease strip from my job that helps with that but the yellow still comes back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts