Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
I am scheduled to buy my first Scout on Saturday!!!
One question to the knowledgable forum members. I wish to swap out the standard tires for white wall tires; does any one know or have an opinion on whether I should get continental Milestone or Metzeler ME888 ? Or are other ww tires I should know about?
Any advice is most appreciated,
Thanks Simon

·
Registered
430 Posts
Reactions: Tiger

·
Registered
105 Posts
image.jpg

Here's the other side. I put almost 10K miles on the stock tires and I asked my sons, ages 12 & 9, whether I should get another set of blackwalls or go for the whites. They both voted for whites. I had also considered using a set of Dunlop white lettered tires similar to the Victory Gunner.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I'd go with the Metzler over stock. If the Michelin Commander II tires came in a whitewall that would be my first choice.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
The Whitewalls do like nice be curious to hear what kind of mileage get with them ..

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got a scout on order with whitewalls and the only tyre the dealer would do was the Metzers...I actually did a test ride on a scout with the Metzers on and they seemed pretty good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi guys. I ordered my 2016 scout this morning :)
Have a bunch of accessories including WW tires; they are pretty expensive here - I guess dealers must make a living too.
Anyway, I have ordered the Metzeler ME888. The dealer recommended those over the Continental Milestone white walls. The dealer has 'bought' off me the OEM tires, he will put them on his scout demo..
Delivery of the bike should be within 1 month. I am quite excited...
Thanks for all your input, Simon

Will let you know how they go once I have several 1000 miles on the clock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts