Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was raising the windshield today and started getting a whistling noise at about half way up, and then all the way to the top. It was louder at the half way mark than at the top. If I put my hand at the vents it would stop with the change of the air flow. Anyone else notice this on their bikes?

·
Registered
958 Posts
No I have not, it's my face shield on my helmet that's whistling.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I got the whistle with the demo bike and the RM I bought when the windshield is at the top position. I use the solution provided - nudge it down a smidgen and the whistle goes away.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
It is physics-based, the incoming air flow hitting the windshield and the available area of the vent exposed or not, and if the air can flow through easily or not.

Put your lips together to whistle and must force air through just right, just physics.

---

Live Free and Die Well
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
Ahote - my 2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Not so far I haven't but I think I will check it today with the flare windshield I installed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I didn't have any issues w/ my stock windshield but now I have the Klockwerks Flaired windshield and it whistles.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Didn't have the whistle before I added the Kuryakyn fairing trim.... I just assumed that the trim changed the airflow just enough to start the whistle, so I run with the windshield at 2/3 height or lower to avoid the whistle.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I have the dark tinted Windvest recurved flare windshield, no whistle at any height. Not running the Kuryakyn fairing upper moulding trim.

---

Live Free and Die Well
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
Ahote - my 2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have the whistle and adjust my windshield as needed . satman101 thanks for the info regarding the Kuryakyn trim, I've been wondering if it would stop the whistle.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was raising the windshield today and started getting a whistling noise at about half way up, and then all the way to the top. It was louder at the half way mark than at the top. If I put my hand at the vents it would stop with the change of the air flow. Anyone else notice this on their bikes?
No whistling noise here regardless of the windshield's position.

·
Registered
362 Posts
No whistling with the stock shield or my replacement 7jurock recurve...I have 6k whistle free miles and smiles.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah I get it at fully deployed I back it down no whistle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts