1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg

It's plain to see the sun won't shine today
But I ain't in the mood for sunshine anyway

But UPS dropped off my oil! Hope I can find a filter tomorrow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
hits us up when you find an equivalent filter, I saw some teeny bosch ones that look the part...are they screw on or are they some kryptonic magneticallistical fusion sensored vulcanizer schpizzel. (like that?):cool:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I believe there is a k&n oil filter equivalent we can get, and they carry those at advanced auto.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Be Nice to have an alternative for a Filter that's for sure ..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you end up ordering the oil from? Cheapest I've seen it was at Motorcycle Superstore for $16 per liter. So add that up, the filter and the crush washers and you are at the Indian package price.
Same store through Amazon. I didn't do it to save money, I just can't imagine not having oil in the shop. The bike wasn't quite topped off when I got it, so I used some already. Also, I think I have enough 'Indian' labeled things already...

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I believe there is a k&n oil filter equivalent we can get, and they carry those at advanced auto.
I'm real partial to Mobil 1 filters, if anyone comes up with a cross reference I would appreciate a "heads up"! Thanks! :p:D

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Here's a cross reference to the Polaris part no. POLARIS 2520799 - Alternative oil filters
I'm guessing KN-198 is gonna be the one since that's what K&N lists for the RZR.

Doing a lot of look-ups my self, the K&N KN-198 Converts to Fram 6017-A which converts to Mobil 1 filter M1-108 in correct length and back pressure, thread pitches and everything else.

If you can, or even want to, relocate the horn to another location you can go to the M1-110 which is exactly the same filter but gives you an extra 1/2 inch of length for more filter area.
I suspect that the bracket for the horn could be bent or tweaked outward to give some clearance to make the longer filter work.

I have not measured the horn clearance from the OEM filter, but there may actually be enough room for the extra 1/2 inch filter (M1-110)

Disclaimer: I'm reasonably sure and confident that either of the Mobil 1 filters will work as good or maybe better than the OEM filter and will probably use them myself sometime in the future, but please make your own look ups and make your own judgement about the filters.
This is all based on the KN-198 being a true replacement for OEM as suggested by others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts