Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gorgeous day here in Dallas. Stopped by dealership and they confirmed that my Scout is due in two weeks. Proceeded to take two bikes out for a leisurely ride outside town.

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Very sharp, I bet it is fun bike to ride :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
I love it but how to you keep the crud off you when riding on wet/muddy roads without a front fender?

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love it but how to you keep the crud off you when riding on wet/muddy roads without a front fender?
Thanks! Never had a real issue. It doesn't get a lot of action and is a fair-weather bike (it barely stops on dry roads, I'd hate to slam the brakes on wet ones). I also clean it regularly.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
(it barely stops on dry roads, I'd hate to slam the brakes on wet ones).
From Worlds Fastest Indian (I know it is not an Indian, but the
quote is good.
"Warren: These brakes, they're completely inadequate.
Burt Munro: I'm planning on going, not stopping.":)

·
Registered
384 Posts
So important
Speed 1st stopping 2nd

·
Registered
558 Posts
Gorgeous day here in Dallas. Stopped by dealership and they confirmed that my Scout is due in two weeks. Proceeded to take two bikes out for a leisurely ride outside town.

View attachment 3592 View attachment 3593
WHAT?! Confirmation in 2 weeks?! Heck I was at my dealer and they didn't know anything! "Should be here in December". Is what I got. "Should". (Shaking my head...)

Awesome for you Meggie! Congrats!

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From Worlds Fastest Indian (I know it is not an Indian, but the
quote is good.
"Warren: These brakes, they're completely inadequate.
Burt Munro: I'm planning on going, not stopping.":)
Legend has it that Ettore Bugati, talking to a customer about the brakes on the 35B said, 'I make my car to go, not to stop.'

·
Registered
430 Posts
WHAT?! Confirmation in 2 weeks?! Heck I was at my dealer and they didn't know anything! "Should
Was at the dealer yesterday, same answer. Didn't know anything. At least it's consistent. Im ok with that. [I guess]

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Our notices from Polaris are that the 1st run pre-order bikes should be arriving w/in next few weeks. The actual shipping status is "TBD". Wouldn't be surprised if they did the same as the Slingshot and wait till each dealer can get two units delivered at the same time. We pre-sold more Slingshots than Scouts !!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Our notices from Polaris are that the 1st run pre-order bikes should be arriving w/in next few weeks. The actual shipping status is "TBD". Wouldn't be surprised if they did the same as the Slingshot and wait till each dealer can get two units delivered at the same time. We pre-sold more Slingshots than Scouts !!
I just find the inconsistency a bit dumb. Meggie got confirmation of two week delivery Troop. Yet most say what you said "should be arriving" or "TBD" that's a big difference than a confirmation of "be here in two weeks".

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well ... My info is based on what I hear at work from the rep. I sell Indian/Victory bikes :)

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gentlemen, the thread is titled 'while I wait,' not 'the wait.' To discuss the whens and who said what and why re deliveries, please move over to one of those deathly boring and annoying threads... If you want to hear more about what I do while I wait and discuss my Bonnie or other bikes, you're welcomed to hang around. Thanks!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Gentlemen, the thread is titled 'while I wait,' not 'the wait.' To discuss the whens and who said what and why re deliveries, please move over to one of those deathly boring and annoying threads... If you want to hear more about what I do while I wait and discuss my Bonnie or other bikes, you're welcomed to hang around. Thanks!
Are most southern ladies as sassy as you, Meggie? Indeed, I like your talk almost as much as your bikes - nah! I think I like your bikes much better.

Just ribbing you -- your comments (and custom key chains) are most amusing. I would give you a big hug were it not for the fear of you kicking me in my balls. ;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I know how to take a hint... I'm heading to the boring threads...

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Personally think the confirmation on 2 weeks in BS .. But Honestly , Hope I am wrong on this

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I get you Megs, I'm not sitting at home just waiting. I rode 370 miles last month and loved every minute of it. I'm not so worried about when my new bike comes because I am able to ride anytime the weather permits. Last night as I put my old Yamaha to sleep I told her we will always fly down those backroads as we have done a thousand times before.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts