Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm hooking up a Bluetooth amp on my 2018 Indian Chief Classic and I want to install a switch for it and use one of the spots on the tank console. All I want is a on and off switch I can run to a relay. Which switch do I order ? Part number 4015738 or 4014105.

Thanks for your help

Lou

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Both those numbers are for heated grip switches and not the best for your application. The grip switches have three contacts in them, heat up, heat down, and off. You only need two contacts.

You would be better served with the similar switch for the locking saddlebags. It has only two contacts, lock and unlock. They are momentary switches that do not stay latched. You would have to set up the relay to be self latching when you hit the on button. The off button could release the latch.

The alternative would be to get a simple on/off switch and mount it elsewhere.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Check Digitech out online,they have anything you would ever need for switches and relays.Got waterproof micro toggles to install a cruise control on my FJR and mtd them in the left switch pod for easy thumb operation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts