Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Only going to comment on one brand because I have tested it, when my Kingpin was wrecked I hit the Pavement Hard .. Shattered Ribs , Broken Leg, and just plain banged up from the impact .. Although my Shoei Full Face Looked like someone had beat it with a Sledge Hammer there was no Damage to my Face or Neck .. Plainly the Helmet withstood 50 MPH Impact without breaking, even the Face Shield though cracked all up never broke ..

·
Founding member / rider
895 Posts
The absolute worst helmets are the Beanie style that so many think look cool but actually look very stupid.

Several things to consider,

Dress for the crash
Protect your hearing, ear plugs etc.
If you have a $10.00 head, then use a $10.00 helmet.
There are several good full face flip up helmets out there, I and my wife use Schuberths.
Make sure your helmet is properly fitted
Shoei, Arai, Schuberth are among the very good helmets.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,824 Posts
DOT approved is good enough. Even my cheap Fulmer modular kept me alive after a 70mph crash 3 years ago that I'm still having surgeries as a result. Major concussion from the impact and the modular part nearly in 2 pieces but no lasting problems to head. Except maybe it knocked any sense to not ride again out. I was back riding the first week out of rehab. Now my leg is another story.

Reactions: Ratfish

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,762 Posts
This may not need to be said, but better safe than sorry.

Do not buy a used helmet unless you absolutely trust the seller with your life.
I wouldn't buy a helmet from my brother or father.
You really have no idea what it has been through on the outside. Often you can't see if the helmet has impacted something.
The interior has molded itself to someone else's head. It probably won't fit yours very well.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
This is where my son went to select the last one he bought me. I rarely wear them unless I am on a AMA sanctioned ride...but he got me a Shoei Neotec modular helmet.

The Best Motorcycle Helmet Reviews 2014

Read and see if it helps.
Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
610 Posts
Honda riders will wear anything.......(-:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wear a Bell Mag 9 Sena. Very comfortable for me and the Sena fits nice and streamlined into the helmet.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts