Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver member
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall we were led to believe that a lot of new things were coming soon. These include new model based on FTR engine, an advanced Challenger trunk option, etc.

You have to expect a Challenger-based full dresser, one of these days a mid-size between Scout and Chief, and Indian sometimes springs a new variant like the Springfield or the Scout 60 or the leather-trunked Roadmaster Classic on us from out of the blue.

Spring selling season is about to ensue. Only thing announced is the obvious and boring extension play Scout Bobber 60.

Where's all the new stuff at? Come on guys get those fake spy pics rolling.

·
Bronze member
4,167 Posts
Last fall we were led to believe that a lot of new things were coming soon. These include new model based on FTR engine, an advanced Challenger trunk option, etc.

You have to expect a Challenger-based full dresser, one of these days a mid-size between Scout and Chief, and Indian sometimes springs a new variant like the Springfield or the Scout 60 or the leather-trunked Roadmaster Classic on us from out of the blue.

Spring selling season is about to ensue. Only thing announced is the obvious and boring extension play Scout Bobber 60.

Where's all the new stuff at? Come on guys get those fake spy pics rolling.
the new FTR bike is called the Rally but hardly a new model

·
Registered
85 Posts
The FTR 1200 rollout was botched, and most orders from the initial hype were cancelled as it took forever to get them to dealers.

It would not surprise me if they decided to cancel the release of the STR 1200 as a result of so many FTR's sitting in dealerships.

I'd expect to see any new designs from them showing up in November right as the riding season is ending because they don't seem to understand that you need to release bikes when people are able to ride them to succeed.

·
Bronze member
3,440 Posts
they need the winter and spring to fix the new models so they run right.... all kidding aside... if it isn't in the pipe line 100% by that I mean parts and all... don't expect anything else this year... these companies are now in survival mode...

Reactions: SJ12DS
1 - 4 of 4 Posts