Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used 2016 dark horse recently - absolutely love it...but can’t figure out how this little black toolkit is supposed to mount on the bike. It clearly has a Velcro strap and some have commented that it goes in the left side panel...but I don’t see what I would strap it to? What am I missing?...

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
I believe before I bought my saddle bags I wrapped it around this bar here but I believe you have to remove the seat. Don’t remember or maybe you can slide it through. But I may be wrong. Ever since I bought the saddlebags I just kept them there.

·
Silver member
4,789 Posts
Just put it the saddle bag. Or in the handlebar bag if you have/get one. There's also a fork bag available. It'll fit in there too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I remember the dealer showing it to me and he attached it to something on the left side. I'll look and take a picture this evening after work

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is where its attached on my Chief Classic. The dealer said thats where they put them. I know he did it without removing the seat. I hasn't come loose in 2 years

·
Registered
24 Posts
what would you really need to carry this around for? what repairs will it help with if you break down on the road

·
Rider
878 Posts
I added a handful of cable ties to that toolkit, along with a spare fob battery plus the microscopic screwdriver necessary to change it.

·
Bronze member
2,698 Posts
Best have and not need then need and not have, and it has a fuse remover ( no spare fuse’s)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Also priceless is about 6' of small diameter tubing. On a ride this spring my friend ran out of gas. I was able to lower her Scout down on the case guard and siphon from my tank into hers... got us to the next town.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts