Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get aerosol cans of thunder black smoke through my dealer. The first can costs an arm and the second can costs a leg. I have exhaustively searched the internet to find an outlet who sells OEM Indian paints in an aerosol can, not the pen, not a half-gallon liquid.

Does anyone know of a place who has or can make aerosol cans of OEM Indian paint? Or is my best bet to go to local body shops to see if someone can both come close to matching the OEM paint AND put it in an aerosol can?

If matching it is my only option (other than going with the dealer), has anyone in Indian-land matched the OEM thunder black smoke successfully? If so, did you match it with a current automotive paint or another bike manufacturer's paint?

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2014 Vintage, 2000 Gilroy Silver Cloud,1973 Indian Dirt Bike
709 Posts
Thanks, Enzo!

I tried ColoRite, but they weren't very helpful. In fact, they kinda blew me off saying they don't make any Indian colors. I'll give Tower Paint a call!
colorite has all of the colors except for the coastal green

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
What I find Interesting is the 2018 Color Brilliant Blue, which this year is an Icon Color, is actually listed as Blue Fire Metallic in Indians paint codes. Also it appears that many Victory Paints are also the same as Indians.

·
Registered
2014 Vintage, 2000 Gilroy Silver Cloud,1973 Indian Dirt Bike
709 Posts
I just ordered Willow Green paint from Colorite so I know it's on their site and saw that the only new color they don't have is Coastal Green

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just ordered Willow Green paint from Colorite so I know it's on their site and saw that the only new color they don't have is Coastal Green
I must be looking in the wrong place because I can't find thunder black smoke (P-463) anywhere. Please post the link or send a screenshot, so I can find it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Try calling Colorite, I get cans of paint from my local paint shop. The gloss black P-266 is the same paint as Chrysler black, that the paint supplier sells.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Local koi auto / paint supply store. They can take a laser imager to the paint and capture it as it is. I did this to my Lloydz air cleaner. But I had a buddy of mine who owns a body shop paint it. I person it matches 100%
A96BF654-665D-46CC-BE7D-DBF8691CE879.jpeg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts