Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for the accessories on this bike is painful. My bike was ordered with the driver's backrest. Still no word from the dealer on when this will be available. Has anyone got theirs yet? What are you hearing from your dealers? Dean E

·
4,503 Posts
I have checked on mine a couple times. The Dealer looked it up Saturday and the backrest is supposed to be in 12/12. It was originally supposed to be here 11/17. I hope they are correct on this new date. I hate waiting.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Waiting for the accessories on this bike is painful. My bike was ordered with the driver's backrest. Still no word from the dealer on when this will be available. Has anyone got theirs yet? What are you hearing from your dealers? Dean E
When did you order yours? Like you I ordered mine when I ordered the bike, 10/27 of course it was back ordered & I haven't heard a peep from the dealer. I'm thinking about giving them a call this week to see what's up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When did you order yours? Like you I ordered mine when I ordered the bike, 10/27 of course it was back ordered & I haven't heard a peep from the dealer. I'm thinking about giving them a call this week to see what's up.
I feel your pain, ordered bike (RM) with backrest 26 Aug, have bike no word on when the backrest will arrive.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm assuming you're waiting for the 2015 backrest pad in desert tan? The quick release frame, black and distressed pads have been available for some time.

I'm also waiting for the desert tan pad but I bought the frame and need to wait for spring anyway before I can use anything...

·
4,060 Posts
I've been waiting for 3 months, same old B.S every time I call. Seems Indian just wants your money and they don't care about customer satisfaction. You would think the dealerships would put pressure on them to get something done.

·
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine was ordered Nov 2nd. Dean E

·
Early joiner
190 Posts
I also was last told 12 Dec but that would be when it got to warehouse. Possibly up to a week from then according to dealer.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I ordered the air cleaner with my bike....in July. When the bike was delivered in October I was told November for the air cleaner. Well, it's December and still no air cleaner. My dealer tells me Indian is having supply chain issues, and that their manager has been yelling at the Indian rep almost every day. Who knows, maybe they are overwhelmed building Scouts.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
It is possible they under estimated the huge success of the new Indians and subsequent demands of Indian accessories

Reactions: DTyndale

·
Registered
809 Posts
I ordered the air cleaner with my bike....in July. When the bike was delivered in October I was told November for the air cleaner. Well, it's December and still no air cleaner.
Odd. Mine was simply on the shelf, had it installed w/ the Stage 1 pipes and Fishtails before I even took delivery.

BTW it's unlikely that Indian makes the A/C's, etc, I'm sure they're made by someone else. Odd - my dealer has a few more I think.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yup, waiting since September, will be at the dealer Thursday for a re flash, and am going to ***** rather loudly, might even get my money back for now, till they sort themselves out, maybe if enough people do this they might WTFU.

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Don't want to highjack this thread but lots of us waited months for the luggage rack that fit the 2014 model year rear backrests. I'm now waiting for the top rack to fit the trunk I just installed on my 2014 Chieftain #610. Supposedly coming 1-5-15.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I realize its frustrating waiting for certain parts, I ordered the Roadmaster and accessories on 8/13/2014. The only 2 items I am still waiting for is the drivers backrest and high flow air cleaner. Has that stopped me from riding, HECK NO. With winter setting in I am just shy of 1500 miles. I guess I look at it differently, when the new parts get here it will be like riding a New Roadmaster again!!! When we EXPECT things we get disappointed, when we LIVE every moment for what it is LIFE is Great!!! Plus I will get to FEEL the power difference of the air cleaner!! Merry Christmas Everyone and have a Happy and Safe 2015!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I realize its frustrating waiting for certain parts, I ordered the Roadmaster and accessories on 8/13/2014. The only 2 items I am still waiting for is the drivers backrest and high flow air cleaner. Has that stopped me from riding, HECK NO. With winter setting in I am just shy of 1500 miles. I guess I look at it differently, when the new parts get here it will be like riding a New Roadmaster again!!! When we EXPECT things we get disappointed, when we LIVE every moment for what it is LIFE is Great!!! Plus I will get to FEEL the power difference of the air cleaner!! Merry Christmas Everyone and have a Happy and Safe 2015!!
Amen brother. No regrets. I have to admit the only, I say the only, negative is the backrest I ordered in August, got Roadmaster in October. Yesterday at dealer, still waiting. There ain't that many RM's out there. Bad reflection on their Supply Chain group. Road cold yesterday but felt like a steroid shot. Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
132 Posts
went to the dealer a few days ago and cried and whined like a biotch using all my most dealer embarrassing techniques. Ha , they gave me a black loaner from a victory. I'm temporarily happy. I really need a backrest with a vertebrae issue.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was at my dealer Saturday and got a new release date of 1/9/2015 for the A/C and 1/26/2015 for the back rest. It might be like having a late Christmas!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
for me it's like, it's paid for and when it comes in, it comes in. but I just hope that when it finally does come in, I don't want my dealer to be like, "now who does this belong to again?"

Reactions: Poppa P

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
went to the dealer a few days ago and cried and whined like a biotch using all my most dealer embarrassing techniques. Ha , they gave me a black loaner from a victory. I'm temporarily happy. I really need a backrest with a vertebrae issue.
Kinda ended up with a distressed tan one in the same way round abouts, I will keep it till mine comes in, but what a crappy business model.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts