Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Silver member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello south west riders. Has any seen or heard of Ronnie lately. Anybody around Midland to check on him?

Reactions: Jarine88

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
Several inquiries about him. He requested several months ago that we drop him from the forum — said he had medical issues and was in the hospital (didn’t like getting notifications etc). I PM’d him several times to check in — no answer. I fear the worst.

Glad to see a request to check on him. It’d be nice to know one way or ‘t’other.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,989 Posts
RB is/was a bit of a curmudgeon, but once you get past the exterior noise, he has a heart of gold! A great guy!!! I hate to think of the "was"!!!
Check in with us Ronnie!
Every now and then I hear from Big Daddy. He's a pretty cool dude too.
A lot of us Old Timers had slipped by the wayside. I remember when the forum membership was less than 3,000, back when I was just a lurker here.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Has he stopped posting on the other forum too?
Apparently the answer would be yes, on rider.net looked like last message was in 2018 and on a shadow forum was a year earlier than that. Said something about he sold his Indian.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Apparently the answer would be yes, on rider.net looked like last message was in 2018 and on a shadow forum was a year earlier than that. Said something about he sold his Indian.
Actually, I saw a post back in July from him on Indianrider.net.....

Reactions: LongRoadHome

·
Senior member / gold
6,989 Posts
I know that, when we spoke, a few years ago, when Meggie was a moderator, she moderated as well as @HINK , but we were chastised by her, and probably rightfully so, but Ronny resented the chastisement, and that pushed him over the edge. Also chastised a longtime member and Harley rider, but I can't remember his moniker. I haven't seen him on the site for quite a while either.
A bit of dirty laundry aired here, but that is the reason Ronny left.
I have endured! Lol!

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
Just tried to start a conversation with him over there. It was blocked. Sigh....

·
Founding member
1,517 Posts
I know that, when we spoke, a few years ago, when Meggie was a moderator, she moderated as well as @HINK , but we were chastised by her, and probably rightfully so, but Ronny resented the chastisement, and that pushed him over the edge. Also chastised a longtime member and Harley rider, but I can't remember his moniker. I haven't seen him on the site for quite a while either.
A bit of dirty laundry aired here, but that is the reason Ronny left.
I have endured! Lol!
Meggie did a lot of unnecessary moderating and deleting IMO. I'm about as mild of a poster as you could find. Just post things about Indian. Thought that's what it was all about. Her issue with me was completely uncalled for. Rather than fight it I just cooled off as well. Hink is a great moderator.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Actually, I saw a post back in July from him on Indianrider.net.....
Yep, I goofed somehow when clicking on his user name and the posts number. Think I must’ve been looking at older posts instead of most recent.

Seems he was last here on this forum seven months ago during the talk about using hydrogen peroxide as a bug remover and windshield cleaner.

Must’ve been smart enough to not use the stuff as a virus preventative, since he was still online six weeks ago.;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts