Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys get that spam from Indian today, entitled: "Where do you dream to ride?" I responded: "Dream of riding home from Hernleys on my Scout, pre-ordered in September, due in December, no ETA". Big softball. Too easy. You just can't dream this chit up.

These cats are hilarious.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
You guys get that spam from Indian today, entitled: "Where do you dream to ride?" I responded: "Dream of riding home from Hernleys on my Scout, pre-ordered in September, due in December, no ETA". Big softball. Too easy. You just can't dream this chit up.

Can you put that spam here so we can all reply in like manner?
Al-Pal

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts

That is some funny chit.:p

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I can see the pimply kid running the FB page for them: 'That smartass webmost from Deleware, send him to the back of the line...'

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Just sent My dream ride away. Just simply to ride away from the showroom and spend eight blissful hours riding home.
Alpal

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
No dreaming, just do it! Of course gotta wait for all this F...in snow to melt! Lol
Whats long and hard on a Canadian Indian owner???? Winter of course!
Ride safe

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Here is a dream ride for you. One of the guys in my club rode to Alaska from Port Colborne Ontario on his Kawi 400 on/off road bike with his wife on the back. about 8000km. Then went home, Left his wife there, trailered the bike to Texas and rode to South America (through the mountains and some of the most dangerous roads I have ever seen. (about 9000 km) Best part of it all he did it at 78 years of age.

·
Registered
572 Posts
As long as I am dreaming, winding around the Blue Ridge Parkway through the Great Smoky Mountains in Western North Carolina. As close to heaven as you are likely to get without a set of wings.
Blueridgeparkwaylookingglassrock.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is what I sent

"My dream ride is to take my Scout (if such a thing will ever exist) up the coast of Michigan's thumb and around through the Upper Peninsula and around Lake Superior through Canada. Then back down cutting through the heart of the huron national forest, and finally back home. I already have my vacation from work planned for right after I graduate college at labor day to do this ride (now all I need is for you guys to build the bike I ordered in September)."

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I'm pretty sure Webmost didn't mean this thread to be an initiation of Dream Rides thread. I read it more as 'where the f--k is my Scout...'

Irony becoming a lost art...

·
Registered
792 Posts
My son (25) took his dream trip last summer aboard his Suzuki V Strom. He left Mn and rode for two months racking up over 19,000 miles. He went up to Prudhoe Bay Alaska, then down to San Diego where he rested a few days at my sister's. Then he proceeded to Key West and out to the Dry Tortugas park snorkeling. From there it was North along the Dragon and Blue Ridge Pkwy. He followed up the East coast to Bar Harbor Maine and Acadia National Park before meandering his way back home. It was quite an adventure for a young man on a solo trip. He had an awesome trip with no tickets,accidents or breakdowns. He met some pretty interesting people along the way. He completed his goal of visiting all 50 states(36 states on this trip). He is already planning his next trip to the Southern tip of South America.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
With you Nemo, sadly Polaris are not being subtlety polite about why they have not delivered our bikes.
Alpal

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Meggie I hope the irony is not lost on Polaris.
My answer to their dream ride question was exactly what I am looking forward to. My first major ride on my new (and red of course) Scout (they go faster) through roughly 500 miles of twisting turning roads with the occasional straight that we have down here in little old New Zealand. You should all come visit some time.
Alpal

Reactions: 2506
1 - 20 of 20 Posts