Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chieftain (Tanto) Steel Gray
300 Posts
We are in shutdown
We will be fined if not going to grocery pharmacy or to essential work.

·
Silver member
5,458 Posts
Dam, Houston is worse than LA. Just copied this from the LA mayor's website:

YOU CAN …
  • Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
  • Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
  • Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
  • Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
  • Care or support a friend or family member
  • Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others in the community.
  • Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
  • Help someone to get necessary supplies
YOU SHOULD NOT …
  • Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by this Order
  • Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
  • Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out
  • Travel to or from a job outside the City, unless to perform essential activities
  • Travel to or from a vacation home outside the City
  • Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility, or other residential care facilites
  • Go to the beach in groups, play group sports, or engage in outdoor activities in groups of any size.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dam, Houston is worse than LA. Just copied this from the LA mayor's website:

YOU CAN …
  • Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
  • Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
  • Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
  • Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
  • Care or support a friend or family member
  • Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others in the community.
  • Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
  • Help someone to get necessary supplies
YOU SHOULD NOT …
  • Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by this Order
  • Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
  • Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out
  • Travel to or from a job outside the City, unless to perform essential activities
  • Travel to or from a vacation home outside the City
  • Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility, or other residential care facilites
  • Go to the beach in groups, play group sports, or engage in outdoor activities in groups of any size.
Says you CAN "ride your bike"

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
To & from work.
On the weekends, out to some country roads, or the mountains, grab a can of some good lager, have a drink at the top of some mountain, watching the birds soar & head home.

Reactions: VintageJason

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
So we just received the “stay at home” order, no non essential travel. If I need gas for a motorcycle(considered essential travel), and I want to get it at the station at the end of this six mile route (2 minutes from the house), instead of the closer station, it should not be a problem right?

·
Rider
821 Posts
So we just received the “stay at home” order, no non essential travel. If I need gas for a motorcycle(considered essential travel), and I want to get it at the station at the end of this six mile route (2 minutes from the house), instead of the closer station, it should not be a problem right? View attachment 581891

Well ours starts on Friday. Minnesota says outdoor activities are still ok, as long as you keep social distance.
I think what they mean (but won't say) is walking and jogging. Ive seen more close-walking the past week than ever before. Dozens of ppl walking together. Joggers are all huffing and puffing past one another on the same narrow paths. I reckon a therapeutic solo-ride is provably safer than all that . I may have to prove it in court cuz its going to be 58*-60* on Saturday.:cool:

·
Rider
1,178 Posts
Virtually every “shelter in place” order I have ever read, including the ones above, allow for outdoor exercise while keeping social distance from others. Riding a motorcycle builds core muscles, burns calories, and raises your cardio. So it seems to me those orders allow for motorcycle riding. If you need a destination then make your own. Bikes can park where cars can’t. Bring a picnic lunch. Or binoculars or a camera. Eat. Birdwatch. Take pictures for your homemade postcard collection. Just do so 6 feet from others.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts