Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Chieftain is a month old, bought at the closest dealership in South Elgin, Illinois, a 75 mile ride. Next closest dealer is in Madison, Wisconsin, 113 miles away. Does anyone have an inside track to Indian/Polaris management and have the straight, unfiltered gospel, as to where/when we can expect new dealerships in our region? Specifically, for example, in Milwaukee?

Second, does anyone have a listing of existing dealerships' locations in the USA?

Many thanks!

Aardvarkpilot
Wisconsin

·
Founding member
952 Posts
I heard rumors at that a dealership is going to open in Racine Wisconsin. They told me it would open this month. But haven't heard nothing yet. Mentioned it to Indian of Madison. They don't like the idea cutting into there business. That would be only 20 miles from home.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Indian Motorcycle of Orange County California is opening a 2nd location on the north side of LA in the Sherman Oaks area soon.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I feel your pain, only one dealer in the state of Colorado (1.5 hours away)
My closest other dealers are in Utah or Texas.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I also bought my Vintage at the South Elgin dealership. The last time I was there I asked if there was any buzz about another dealership in the area. He indicated they were looking in the northeast Ill area, possibly Gurnee. That would make me very happy since that's the town I live in. But I would be happy if there was one in the Kenosha/Racine area also. South Elgin is just not very convenient to get to from where I live.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I talked to the dealership in Orange County, CA. They are opening a 2nd. dealership in Santa Monica, CA. the 1st. Qtr. of 2015.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Steel Horses in Waynesville, NC is where I purchased my Indian. Used to sell only used bikes, but looks like they went "all in" with Polaris. Nice Indian showroom and plenty of Victories in the back. I'm strongly hoping they will be good doing business with moving forward.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
seems to be a reoccurring problem for Polaris/Indian/Victory.. I have to ride 110 miles to the dealer for either brand.. I know.. I live in the cornfields.. everything is miles and miles away.. I was one of the first Vic owners in NE.. (not new England.. lol) dealers came and dealers went.. some dealers weren't worth going back to.. at one time the nearest dealer worth spit was 6 hrs away.. I'm always up for a road trip. but when your bike is dead and you have to drag it somewhere far away.. it is a real buzz kill..

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Guess I am lucky, 14 pure Indian Dealerships in Texas and 2 of them within 55 minutes riding time, hearing 4 more to open in another years time or less.

-

Live Free and Die Well
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Indian Blue & Ivory Chieftain

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
went to Denver Indian today, they gave moved their grand opening to 23 May.
The place is a little cramped, but the people are very friendly. Tim the sales guy came out looked at my blue SpringField saying he had not got to see one yet.
They will be building a addition on the building just for the Indian. I ask the Service team for the cut out of a crate, Danny say well sure I have one in the back right now.
When I told him I planed to frame it,then put in garage. He is now going to,do the same. Says he is going to start saving them to give to customers. I will be at the GOpening. If you go tell them Caveman set you.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I got a few new choices for you. There are 8 states that join Tennessee (just Google it) All within EZ driving distance of Nashville and Music City Indian Motorcycle New and Used Indian Motorcycles for sale around Nashville Tennessee Music City Indian can help service your bike find replacement parts and trade in your old bike. How about Atlanta, GA and Indian Motorcycle of Marietta or how about the next Thunder Beach Bike Rally of Vacation in Panama City Beach, FL and Panama City Beach Florida Indian Slingshot Victory Motorcycle Dealer Used Financing Accessories Service Parts Contact Us Direction Event and YES, all 3 locations have Slingshot!

#Atlanta #GA #NAshville #TN #Panama City Beach #FL

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts