Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rider
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be the last person to hear about this, but I'm gonna share it anyway.

I needed some new summer gloves and there is no place near where I could try them on. And going 40 miles to the "big city" to pay inflated prices didn't appeal either. It was suggested to me to try mechanic's gloves. Hmm, went into the local Autozone and found these for $19. Ok, they do have a car battery logo on them, but since I'm not a Harley rider I'm not overly sensitive. LOL. But they are not bad at all. Very good knuckle protection and decent palm padding.

They will certainly do until something that pushes my button comes along.
mechanics gloves.jpg

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
969 Posts
I grabbed a set of mechanics gloves a couple of years ago. I have others as well, but they work.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I was at Home Depot last week getting some plywood and walked past their glove display in the tool section, saw a gray pair just like that. Thought they looked like a motorcycle glove. I don’t remember the brand.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
The only thing that I don't like about using "regular" or "work" gloves on the bike is that I get more hand fatigue. Motorcycle gloves have pre-curved fingers to fix that.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
When I ride the Vintage, I use a pair of brown leather work gloves from the hardware store. No padding.

Last week, I needed a new pair of summer gloves, due to puppy destruction. Nothing on Amazon appealed to me - imagine that. I did look at gloves from Lowes but held them in reserve. Found a pair of Tourmaster summer gloves on sale at the local bike shop -- last pair marked down - and they fit. Otherwise, I would have gone with the mechanix glove.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I may be the last person to hear about this, but I'm gonna share it anyway.

I needed some new summer gloves and there is no place near where I could try them on. And going 40 miles to the "big city" to pay inflated prices didn't appeal either. It was suggested to me to try mechanic's gloves. Hmm, went into the local Autozone and found these for $19. Ok, they do have a car battery logo on them, but since I'm not a Harley rider I'm not overly sensitive. LOL. But they are not bad at all. Very good knuckle protection and decent palm padding.

They will certainly do until something that pushes my button comes along. View attachment 595917
You're not the last person. I have never considered these types of gloves as option. Pretty good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts