Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that when the low fuel warning appears, the odometer disappears? I'm sure that the warning kicks in when there is 50 miles left (just a guess), but then I cannot keep track of the miles after that. Is this a "feature" that Indian incorporated so the optional analog fuel gauge looks like a good idea? I hope I am just knuckle-headed and missed something. Thanks.

·
Bronze member
1,257 Posts
Ya gotta use the trip meter in conjunction. Typically thee is supposed to be 1 gallon left. However, I have found there was 1.5 left when my gas gauge says I am out of gas. I carry a small 1 gallon gas can when I am traveling and not sure where the next station is.

Reactions: slewfoot

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Why is it that when the low fuel warning appears, the odometer disappears? I'm sure that the warning kicks in when there is 50 miles left (just a guess), but then I cannot keep track of the miles after that. Is this a "feature" that Indian incorporated so the optional analog fuel gauge looks like a good idea? I hope I am just knuckle-headed and missed something. Thanks.
I'm pretty simple minded and slow on the uptake but I've always taken these signs as a clue that it's time to buy more gasoline.

·
Bronze member
1,257 Posts
I have been trying to find out just how far I can go on a tank. So I have been experimenting with my distance. I know that I can get 200 on a tank and I want to know. Several places I have ridden it gets to be a very long way to the next gas station. It used to be, from Van-Horn Tx to El Paso was like 163 miles between Gas stops. I have seen times where I am on a trip and look down, I got a 1/4 tank and think its time to start looking but then the tanks shows empty before I find a station. So I want to know, within few miles, how far I can get on a single tank.

Reactions: Woodstock
1 - 5 of 5 Posts