Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, doing some last minute upgrades before Sturgis. Getting a great deal on a 19" front wheel off an Elite for my 17 DH. Will rotors and everything swap right over or is there anything else I need to change? Was told something about needing the speed wheel but wondering if I can just use the existing.
Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Without the proper abs ring you will get an abs codes and the speedo will not read right.There is also a kit to raise the fender up.If the fender hits the triple tree under heavy suspension travel then extended fork caps are required.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without the proper abs ring you will get an abs codes and the speedo will not read right.There is also a kit to raise the fender up.If the fender hits the triple tree under heavy suspension travel then extended fork caps are required.
Thanks. So I need the abs ring for that particular size wheel is all I should need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A different size wheel? I would think you would have to recalibrate the speedometer too.

Not sure, just a thought.

Chuck

·
Bronze Member
1,701 Posts
It's not the diameter of the wheel that matters, but the circumference of the tire. If you go to the tire manufacturers website and compare the circumference of the 16" standard profile tire to the circumference of the 19" low profile tire, you'll find out that they are close. So no need to switch the tone ring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts