Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the numerous discussions on this issue and have pretty much decided on one of these two products. Other than the obvious requirements of no damage to the front fender and secure holding of the bike, my main criteria is the ease of removing the bike from the chock. I am a fit 67 years old, but don't want to wrestle the bike out. I have a RM and the chock is for garage use only.

I am interested in opinions of these products from those that own them.

Thanks so much,
Glenn

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
I have read the numerous discussions on this issue and have pretty much decided on one of these two products. Other than the obvious requirements of no damage to the front fender and secure holding of the bike, my main criteria is the ease of removing the bike from the chock. I am a fit 67 years old, but don't want to wrestle the bike out. I have a RM and the chock is for garage use only.

I am interested in opinions of these products from those that own them.

Thanks so much,
Glenn

The Wheel dock is super easy. Roll the bike in. Set the pedal to allow the strut to lock it. Then push the lock out and roll the bike out. Its the easiest of the wheel chocks to use especially by one person.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have the condor and you have to really yank/rock on the bike hard to get it out and over the chock but you don’t have to step on any levers to release the wheel. I would like to try the wheel dock just to see if it’s easier.

Tim

·
Rider
747 Posts
Another vote for the Wheel Dock. I've used other types, but nothing comes near the ease of using the Wheel Dock. Keeps bike very secure and stable on a trailer, or just on your garage for regular maintenance. It's a little expensive, but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
i have the condor chocks in my trailer, and on my lift i installed the Wheel Dock and that was a very wise and intelligent purchase, just drive up and trip the foot pedal and the front tire is locked. As stated before the Wheel Dock is not cheap but you do get what you pay for here.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
I have the "REDLINE MC LIFT WHEEL DOC", bought approximately 40 years ago,maybe longer,but are still available today.I originally mounted it on a 3X3 piece of plywood for stability,and used it to hold my MC's straight when parked or to work on em so they didn't fall over and go "BOOM"!! lol [MOST EMBARRASSING] And this was ,obviously, bought before I acquired my lift]
After acquiring my lift, I mounted it on the lift itself so any motorcycle I was gonna work on would not fall over.But this can also be mounted on a 3X3 piece of plywood [which is what I originally did when I first bought it] and used for the same purpose as the Wheel Doc you guys are showing pictures of.I believe I paid under 100 bucks for it at that time, and they are still available today for around $125,or pretty close to the price the other units are selling for. Dave!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love my wheel Dock, no chance I am getting other brand.
Just a TIP, I was using on my 2017 Chief initially (you need to specific what model of Indian you have when placing order) , then I traded-in for 2019 Chieftain DH, I emailed them and it requires spacer (available to purchase from them) to fill up the gap on the wheel dock, there is tire width difference between 16" front tire and 19" front tire.

I would suggest get the widest wheel dock and fill it with spacer(s), so you are future-proof for other bikes.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wheel dock hands down, have two, one for shop floor and one for my table lift..... I also have condor and a harbor freight version that I bought first as I was being cheap, I never use them now unless I want the bike to stay in the chock for a long time as it takes two people to get the bike out.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
I use a piece of 2X4,standing upright as a spacer between the wheel supports and tire if and when needed.Like I said,I bought this piece of equipment a looooooooooooong time ago and it was one of my better investments.(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wheel Dock. Have one I use in my trailer easy in and out. It just takes a minute to remove it from the trailer. When not trailering I take it out and use it when parking the bike. I am 70 years old. The bike rolls in and out very easy.

·
Founding member
1,021 Posts
I LOVE MY WHEEL DOCK!!! I got it in Dec., 2013 and have used it effortlessly every day since. It is a great, easy to use choke. I could not recommend Wheel Dock more highly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wheel Dock here and love it, holds mike firmly on my trailer and then in my garage.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts