Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had two different Harbor Freight wheel chocks in my trailer and can’t get the Roadmaster rocked back out of either without lots of help. It seems the tire gets wedged into the V shape. Anybody else have this problem? And what wheel chock are you using?

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Condor's are probably the most popular.

Are you able to bend and widen the V-shape so it wont pinch as much?

Also, are you sure the lower rocker is in the best position for your tire? Not too far back?

·
Rider
974 Posts
I agree with Caprock. The Wheeldock is by far the best and the easiest to use. And fantastic quality. You simply drive into it, step on a lever, lock it and done. You step on the lever to unlock and simply roll out. Sits on the floor by itself and comes with hardware to be fixed onto a trailer or truck. I've had one for the past 2 years and absolutely love it.

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
I’ve had two different Harbor Freight wheel chocks in my trailer and can’t get the Roadmaster rocked back out of either without lots of help. It seems the tire gets wedged into the V shape. Anybody else have this problem? And what wheel chock are you using?
I had the HF black chock, think it cost $59.00ish at the time. Same problem, total bidthch getting my Vintage out, so I sold it. Then after I sold it I saw a thread (maybe here) or something on the internet (don't remember which) saying if you adjust the chock so the front & rear braces/brackets are closer together, it's easier to get the bike back out of the chock. That makes sense to me.... If the braces are closer together then the front wheel isn't in the chock as "deep", so it's easier to free up the bike. I sold the chock before I got the chance try the closer adjustment. Seems to make sense though.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Definitely WheelDock

·
Rider
510 Posts
I am also a member of the Wheeldock camp. I love mine. Being short, I have trouble getting mine out of a regular chock, so this was a great option for me

Reactions: RedChieftain

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds great! Thanks.
I had the HF black chock, think it cost $59.00ish at the time. Same problem, total bidthch getting my Vintage out, so I sold it. Then after I sold it I saw a thread (maybe here) or something on the internet (don't remember which) saying if you adjust the chock so the front & rear braces/brackets are closer together, it's easier to get the bike back out of the chock. That makes sense to me.... If the braces are closer together then the front wheel isn't in the chock as "deep", so it's easier to free up the bike. I sold the chock before I got the chance try the closer adjustment. Seems to make sense though.

Don’t beat yourself up. I tried that AND drilling new holes and it didn’t work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It’s hard for me to understand why someone will pay $25,000 -$30,000 for a motorcycle and cheap out on a $63 chock made in China. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Because I have two friends that say they work great. BUT, the Indian front tire is bigger than theirs which I didn’t know when I bought it.

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
It’s hard for me to understand why someone will pay $25,000 -$30,000 for a motorcycle and cheap out on a $63 chock made in China. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Yeah, there are many things in life that are hard to understand, like why our $25k-$30k bikes have so many cheap-azz Chinese parts on them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was worried about that big fender in the front of my roadmaster. But everytime ibwatch my buddy trying to jerk his out of one of the rocker types. It just makes me smile and glad I bought the wheel dock! Perfect fit. First couple times I put it in the camper, I would drive a little bit and check. Now I have absolute confidence.

·
Rider
796 Posts
K&L chock on a K&L lift table. Both 16 and 19” tires wedge right in and hold everything tight. I can back out of it easily and doesn’t lift the bike much. The fender is close but clears no problem. Wouldn’t take much to mount on a trailer bed or floor. The chock is easily removed if needed. I still recommend tie downs if bike is in the chock for any extended period.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts