Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a wheel chock to install in a trailer for my Chief Vintage. A buddy of mine has a Condor that is too tall in the front, and I bought a Max Works one from Farm & Fleet that looks like the back locking mechanism will hit the rear part of the fender. Anyone have one that fits with no problems?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke with the owners of Wheel-Dock and they are working on a model to fit the Indian's unique front fender. I have used a wheel-dock for years on both my TCD and Vision. A great product and hopefully we will see a model for the Indian shortly.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Condor Pit-Stop/Trailer Stop Wheel Chock that I used to trailer my Chief Vintage home from Worcester, Mass. The front of the Condor is adjustable. When set to the lowest position, it works just fine. Set the pin for the cradle in the 2nd position from the rear for the most secure hold (3rd position from the rear if you want a bit easier release). I also use this in my garage. Works great.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I work at a bike shop and deliver bikes of all brands and types every day. We have a number of different brands of chocks and most are junk and in the scrap pile. I'm not going to rely on a $50 chock to support $20K+ bikes? In my experiance it is hard to beat a Condor. I own one myself for my XCT. I had to trim about an inch off of the backside of the cradle to clear my fender. Now works great. I'd try to talk with someone at Condor to see if they can offer any direction. Just my 2 cents.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #10
19958 said:
I have a Condor Pit-Stop/Trailer Stop Wheel Chock that I used to trailer my Chief Vintage home from Worcester, Mass. The front of the Condor is adjustable. When set to the lowest position, it works just fine. Set the pin for the cradle in the 2nd position from the rear for the most secure hold (3rd position from the rear if you want a bit easier release). I also use this in my garage. Works great.

Curious to see a pic if you have one. We couldn't get the Condor to work. I beleive this is the model my buddy had, and even with the front black piece in the lowest position, it was hitting the tip of the front fender.

 
G

·
Discussion Starter #12
17556 said:
Looking for a wheel chock to install in a trailer for my Chief Vintage. A buddy of mine has a Condor that is too tall in the front, and I bought a Max Works one from Farm & Fleet that looks like the back locking mechanism will hit the rear part of the fender. Anyone have one that fits with no problems?
Look at the Condor website. They have several types. I have the pit-stop and it works fine with the Indian.
http://store.condor-lift.com/
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #13
My friend does have the Pit Stop- but when we tried it in the lowest setting it still hit the front of the fender. Any photos?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #14
That LA Chock looks just like the one I got from Harbor Freight. For ~$60, I couldn't beat it. My Chief fits into it like a glove. The rear of the cradle clears the rear of the fender just fine for me.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I have just placed my order for the new Wheel Dock for the 2014 Indian. It is going into production and shipping will begin next month. I have used their products on both my TCD and Vision and really like them. There are two models for the 2014 Indians, the number 7 if for the Classic and Vintage. The Chieftain has it's own model I believe it is the modle 8. Overall a great product and it can be used free standing or locked down for a trailer use.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #18
There must be some trick to it then... my buddy and the guys at the dealership couldn't make it work without hitting the fender on the upright piece.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #19
17556 said:
There must be some trick to it then... my buddy and the guys at the dealership couldn't make it work without hitting the fender on the upright piece.
I have mine set on the furtherest spot back. I can post a picture of it tomorrow if that would help. I have the Condor at my shop.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top