Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some like them and some don't. I guess I'm considering them due to the sorta theme demand that my bike is kinda laying out lately. I'm not a general fan of two-tone myself either. I did find this completely bad-azz Performance Machine set to fit my 4" Rineharts though - originally I really wanted the standard black Rinehart ends because the "Rinehart Racing" written on them was just too cool to pass on. The picture if of them, and they are out of stock everywhere I could possibly look. Eventually, I did find a place that drop-ships them from the manufacturer that was still taking orders. My pipes are chrome, by the way.

I just love how the "bling" is on the inside but it will still show none-the-less. These will match both the black powder coat items and the cut billet aluminum on the bike, beautifully. Funny how one can not like something, but in a certain context, it can be all changed around (for that context).

What are your thoughts on end-tips that are a different color than the pipes? Whatchya got on your bike??

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
Well ... I fell for the nice looking bicolor Performance Machine endcaps too.

BUT they are only black anodized!
So ... after a couple thousand miles they changed color: black became purple!
So I ditched them and put the original black Khromewerks endcaps back on my chrome mufflers. Much better quality (powdercoated black!) ... no discolorization!

Here when the PM were still black!

and here the Khromewerks (no closeup, sorry)

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,069 Posts
When I bought my Rinehart Slimline Dual, and Rinehart 4" Slip-on for Indian Touring, I bought all chrome for a seamless look from headers to exhaust tips.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I bought my Rinehart Slimline Dual, and Rinehart 4" Slip-on for Indian Touring, I bought all chrome for a seamless look from headers to exhaust tips.
That's the way I've had it. I do like the seamless look but I have a lot of black on my bike now. Seem the chrome needs a little black in it now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

So I ditched them and put the original black Khromewerks endcaps back on my chrome mufflers. Much better quality (powdercoated black!) ... no discolorization!

Oops, I just dropped like $275 for them too. :( Hmmmm..

Nice lookin' bike there!

edit

I looked into the material of some of the stuff on my bike that I've had for 4 years now. A lot of it's anodized and looks the same as it ever did. In theory, yes this purpling does happen, but I wonder if you got one from a bad batch that really accelerated it. Also, having that tight "roof" over them in your pic is a major heat holder.

·
Rider
1,423 Posts

Good looking bike

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think my opinion on the subject is irrelevant. If you like it (and can afford it), you should do it. Most of the customizations I've done to my bike are because I think they improve what is already a beautiful bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts